Remembrance day
Remembrance Day.

Remembrance Day (also known as Poppy Day or Armistice Day) is a memorial day observed in Commonwealth countries since the end of World War I to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty. This day, or alternative dates, are also recognized as special days for war remembrances in many non-Commonwealth countries. Remembrance Day is observed on 11 November to recall the end of hostilities of World War I on that date in 1918. Hostilities formally ended "at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month," in accordance with the Armistice, signed by representatives of Germany and the Entente between 5:12 and 5:20 that morning. ("At the 11th hour" refers to the passing of the 11th hour, or 11:00 a.m.) World War I officially ended with the signing of the Treaty of Versailles on June 28, 1919.

Today myself and Adman decided to have a minute silence on v33x, I thank those who respected to be silent.

[Image: rd-01.jpg]

They will be remembered.
The following 13 users Like Jamie's post:
  • equal, Kalist, Haarek, Matt W, Adman, Warior135, GRiiM, Hendy, Dr Tomorrow, Narc, Blonde, The_Alpha_Dog, Mahti
Indeed, thank you to everyone who participated in the minute of silence.

We will remember them.
I participated in the minute's silence as I do every year.

And I was the one who suggested Adman do a minute's silence on the server.

We will remember them.
I had two relatives who got knighted from Australia for working in their arm forces during WW2.

I always hold a minute silence.
Bullshit I say. People died only because the man said so.
Image removed, Clan closed. - beflok
(11-11-2012, 06:58 PM)Martti Wrote: Bullshit I say. People died only because the man said so.

Thats not that necessary
(11-11-2012, 06:58 PM)Martti Wrote: Bullshit I say. People died only because the man said so.

Those people died, whether you agree or not what the reason is, still respect them. Please don't say unnecessary comments on a memorial page.

I had two minutes of silence :3
(11-11-2012, 07:09 PM)trouserlessliam Wrote:

Those people died, whether you agree or not what the reason is, still respect them. Please don't say unnecessary comments on a memorial page.

I had two minutes of silence :3

Sorry if you found my opinion impolite because it was not ment to be. I personally oppose present-day governments and their wars which means I am going to be a conscientious objector in few years and have a jail sentence of six months for that. I also don't believe in honour nor afterlife. As we have freedom of speech in western countries, I wanted to point out my opinion. I do respect thoughtful invidiuals so please do the same especially when you ask for it.
Image removed, Clan closed. - beflok
You should respect those who risked and even lost their life to make today how it is.
The brave men of our nations have my deepest respect.