Memory Issues
I keep getting errors with Gmod. Sometimes Win7 simply bugs me for not having enough memory when Gmod is running. But also very rarely the game terminates itself completely with "Lua panic, something went terribly wrong 'not enough memory'"

I have 4 GB memory in total, they're not damaged.
My graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series with 2 GB.

wat do
Are you sure the 2 GB on the card isn't shared memory? If yes it could mean you only have 2 GB.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
Remember, there's a difference between RAM and GPU memory. How much RAM do you have, is it shared, and like Rux says, is the memory on your GPU dedi or shared?
Try disabling your HID-compliant devices. this usually works on games that i have memory problems on.
I have 512MB dedicated memory and 1712MB shared memory.

What does that mean for me? More graphic-intense games work just fine for me though.

(11-11-2012, 12:49 AM)Smiles Wrote: Try disabling your HID-compliant devices. this usually works on games that i have memory problems on.

You mean the ones I've connected via USB? If so, the only one I can disable would be my external harddrive, but there's where all the evidence from my Ban Requests goes on.

...Sorry, my knowledge of computer hardware is like lowest of low, so I may ask stupid questions.
So that means you could have about 2 gb of memory left which is bare minimum for 64 bit windows 7, if your graphics card is using all of it. Closing open programs would help, and if that doesn't help you may be able to lower the amount of shared memory in your bios settings (may or may not work; I've never tried it) Here's a link on how: http://www.ehow.com/how_2138456_configur...-bios.html

Hope this helped.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
(11-11-2012, 01:59 AM)ZeroSupport Wrote: I have 512MB dedicated memory and 1712MB shared memory.

What does that mean for me? More graphic-intense games work just fine for me though.

(11-11-2012, 12:49 AM)Smiles Wrote: Try disabling your HID-compliant devices. this usually works on games that i have memory problems on.

You mean the ones I've connected via USB? If so, the only one I can disable would be my external harddrive, but there's where all the evidence from my Ban Requests goes on.

...Sorry, my knowledge of computer hardware is like lowest of low, so I may ask stupid questions.

open device manager >
human interface devices >
disable the three HID-compliant consumer control devices and the 5 HID-compliant devices
(11-11-2012, 06:16 AM)Smiles Wrote: open device manager >
human interface devices >
disable the three HID-compliant consumer control devices and the 5 HID-compliant devices

I disabled the only device which was there. Then I couldn't use my mouse anymore. Guess that's only a solution with many HID-devices.
Why do you have 64 bits Windows 7 with 2 gigs of RAM?
Try upping the page file size, or setting the process priority of hl2.exe to very high or realtime (which is not advised since it may cause other problems.)
[Image: Fearless.png]
PM | Email | Steam                    
2 GB of ram is simply too little for games these days. You can buy extra ram very cheaply though. Might want to consider that.

Otherwise I don't really know how to help you...