PC Questions
If you want to squeeze all the power from a 680, you need a PSU with at least 750W, real ones of course.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
(11-06-2012, 04:40 PM)StillAlive Wrote: Hey guys. I have two questions:

1. So after looking on the net for different information about having your PC running optimized all the time I got a little confused.
I'm not really aware of what to do but I know that a lot of PC's degrade in power after some time. So what do you do to keep it in good shape?

2. One of my friends has the exact same specs as myself except for the fact that he has a GTX580 and I have the GTX680. However in CoH he gets better FPS than me?
It seems a bit odd to me. It also happens in Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. Could somebody clarify?

Like wweee said, temp. and dirtiness affect it quite a bit. Do you have more stuff on the hard drive and have you done a virus scan?
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
(11-07-2012, 10:39 PM)Ruxandra Wrote: If you want to squeeze all the power from a 680, you need a PSU with at least 750W, real ones of course.

What exactly does psu stand for?
(11-08-2012, 05:04 PM)Bluerider Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 10:39 PM)Ruxandra Wrote: If you want to squeeze all the power from a 680, you need a PSU with at least 750W, real ones of course.

What exactly does psu stand for?

Power supply unit, it provides power to your computer.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]

Not exactly. A 650W or even 600W would do fine.

Make sure you defrag frequently, at least once a month. I recommend Auslogics Disk Defrag.