PC Questions
Hey guys. I have two questions:

1. So after looking on the net for different information about having your PC running optimized all the time I got a little confused.
I'm not really aware of what to do but I know that a lot of PC's degrade in power after some time. So what do you do to keep it in good shape?

2. One of my friends has the exact same specs as myself except for the fact that he has a GTX580 and I have the GTX680. However in CoH he gets better FPS than me?
It seems a bit odd to me. It also happens in Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. Could somebody clarify?
(11-06-2012, 04:40 PM)StillAlive Wrote: Hey guys. I have two questions:

1. So after looking on the net for different information about having your PC running optimized all the time I got a little confused.
I'm not really aware of what to do but I know that a lot of PC's degrade in power after some time. So what do you do to keep it in good shape?

2. One of my friends has the exact same specs as myself except for the fact that he has a GTX580 and I have the GTX680. However in CoH he gets better FPS than me?
It seems a bit odd to me. It also happens in Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. Could somebody clarify?

It could Be his graphics drivers ? Do you use Microsofts driver or the one from Nvidia's Website ?
I are both using the same ones, which we received together with our graphics cards.
The computers are 1-2 months old each of them and are ordered from the same company.
Maybe you have something different installed on your computer which he hasnt, or a program running in the background or some other things which you might not be able to see.
It is also possible he's running on lower settings than you, since his graphics card isn't as powerful as yours. Are you running with the same settings? If not, that could be the difference in FPS. Otherwise, Equal's suggestion is most likely the difference your seeing.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
I have the 680 too, and I am a little bit dissapointed, I have also seen that people with older graphics card having more fps at same resolution, we might have the same problem.

Firstly, I'd recommend you to use this program: CCleaner
HOW TO USE:

I use it once a week and my computer runs like a new one.
Also, I'd recommend you to clean your computer. As it sounds, take a brush and clean the computer parts (GPU, CPU, etc).
In additon, you should check the computer's fans often.

It sounds weird. Do you and you friends have same resolution? what about other game, like BF3?

Regarding taking care of your PC:

One of the major things you should watch is always your temperatures. Once your CPU starts reaching higher temperatures (Same with the GPU), you get thermal bottlenecking. Dust attributes to heat and less airflow, so clean your case every once in a while. You don't have to be like Grub cleaning it every two seconds.

Could be a bit of things. Sometimes the latest drivers improve upon the performance. Keplar has some WHQL approved drivers on their site you can check out.
Something that also leads to lower FPS could be due to a lack of power from the PSU. Sometimes a problem with a shotty PSU. Could be due to lesser settings on his part. The GTX 680 is projected to be about 20% better, so that's about average. That and some games just run better with the older architecture. Could be a number of things.
I'd try to avoid using a brush (Because of static discharge), However Compressed air works very well (you can either buy a compressor or get cans of it )
Ah, thanks for your advise guys.
So about cleaning it. Like.. I'm going to take the case/tower side off it and use compressed air to clean the parts?
After that I should check all fans and clean them for dust also with compressed air? Correct? Smile