Mechanic
("someone" thought this up a while ago but no one wrote on it at all)

New Job Mechanic
Title of Suggestion: Mechanic

Description: This is a new Passive RP job, who can fix cars and tow them away. The mechanic will be the only one who can buy petrol canisters. With this job I propose to add in a tow truck to move cars off the road, get them out of the lake or take them back to the city. I also suggest slight vehicle damage, not to the extent of it blowing up but after a while if you crash a lot it will break down (as many people down't like this idea, it doesn't have to be after the first crash it could be like you have a health bar for your car per say and it goes down depending on the crash/speed etc... or it could just be taken out entirely). A car like a trabant could take little damage before breaking down whereas a hummer or a truck can take more damage before breaking down. The mechanic could have a spanner to fix the car or just tow it back to the parking area where it would be fixed. To stop minges random towing the car owner could use /tow <car owners name> to be allowed to tow or the president could use /tow <the car owners name> to give permission to tow a car.

Why: It would add a new Passive RP job which I believe we need more of. It would help prevent CDM as if you swerve off the road you could break down if you hit something, or if you get caught you could have your car towed off forever. It would help if someone random stole your car and left it out of petrol, you could just have it towed back
I once thought about it when driving through the slums past the usually unused garage.

Would be fun RP, but there again cars breaking down will have to be integrated...

a +/- support for the work needed.
(11-05-2012, 09:50 PM)Callos Wrote: I once thought about it when driving through the slums past the usually unused garage.

Would be fun RP, but there again cars breaking down will have to be integrated...

a +/- support for the work needed.

Car's would only break down after repetitive crash's (that'll stop crazy drivers)
I've attempted to do MechanicRP but no one was interested Sad

It'll be good if your car could get punctures and had to be picked up by a tow truck and have it's tyre replaced. This'll be good for Police so they could put out car stingers to stop cars instead of shooting the driver. There could also be a Police tow truck as well. Just a thought.
This had been suggested before, the vercle damege mainly but was shut down due to vercle area specfic damege would of lagged to much in 12....But 13 well thats just more powerfull and i belive should be reconsidored.

I always supported the descion of vercle damege...its just to great of a thing to have +support the whole thang!
+support for 2 reasons:

1- That way SOMEONE can make profit with gas cans.

2- If the president gives order to tow the car, he should also have the inpound option, that way police officers won't have the need to lockpick the damn car to bring it to Nexus garage.
Thanks for all the feedback, vehicle damage does not have to be included but like TJ3003 said with the gmod 13 engine it might be possible.
When I wrote this I might not have explained the system that I thought would work very well, so here it is:
I think that the vehicle damage should be similar to the health you take, every time you have a bad crash not only does it remove 10 health from you but lets say it also takes 10 health from your car. So cars like the trabant only have around 50 health but then the cars like the hummer have about 200 or something similar to this. Obviously if you got to 0 health your car will break down and the mechanic will have to come. The mechanic would have a tool like a wrench used to heal the cars.
(11-06-2012, 06:55 PM)Someone Wrote: When I wrote this I might not have explained the system that I thought would work very well, so here it is:
I think that the vehicle damage should be similar to the health you take, every time you have a bad crash not only does it remove 10 health from you but lets say it also takes 10 health from your car. So cars like the trabant only have around 50 health but then the cars like the hummer have about 200 or something similar to this. Obviously if you got to 0 health your car will break down and the mechanic will have to come. The mechanic would have a tool like a wrench used to heal the cars.

I am liking this. Another form of passive income.

+Support.
(11-06-2012, 06:55 PM)Someone Wrote: When I wrote this I might not have explained the system that I thought would work very well, so here it is:

"A car like a trabant could take little damage before breaking down whereas a hummer or a truck can take more damage before breaking down. The mechanic could have a spanner to fix the car or just tow it back to the parking area where it would be fixed."