Few questions
Hello everyone,
will state this in the beginning (to avoid confusion or misunderstandings) - this is not a ban appeal (i know where i should write it and know that it cannot be written with 24h or lower ban), nor i'm saying that admins are not doing their job well (because technically they are). Therefore, i do not want, nor expect to be unbanned after this post (i understand what i did wrong and i accept my punishment).
I've written this post to get few questions of mine answered, but before that i want to tell the story why i've got banned (because one of the questions will have something to do with that). So here it is:
I picked Unemployed job, found a house to get some contraband / weed going. Ofcourse i need security for that, so i placed 2 fading doors in the house with 1 keypad on both sides of each door. Since i'm kinda new to the whole fading door / keypad thing, i wanted to try out some things with the keypad, therefore i made another fading door, that has nothing to do with previous ones and you don't need to crack this door to get anywhere, because it was just in the middle of a big room. I know that making 3 doors is against the rules, but i didn't think i could get banned for placing extra door in the middle of a room and testing it out.
Server crashed like 2 minutes later, when i was still testing some things, so i went afk for about 30 minutes, came back and couldn't log in (was banned for reason - "Keypad abuse"). I thought that if it's not a major / server destroying rule, nor i have spawned like 10 keypads, admins actually teleport to a place and investigate the whole situation or talk to a guy before banning him (atleast for first-time bans).

So my first question is: do you usually trust ONLY your logs and nothing else before banning a guy, that technically disobeyed the rules, but at the same time he did nothing wrong to "harm" the server, their players or to take advantage over them?

Now, on to my second question, which is: how can i contact any admin of your server?
Been trying to do that for the past 3 days. Everytime i log on to TS3 server, there's no admin online there, when i see admin online on the server, i try pming him or using @, saying that i have valuable information about the server, that can become huge weapon in hands of an abuser. They just ignore me, which i kinda understand, because they probably get people like me a lot, but at the same time i would recommend listening to them. I don't want to make a post on the forums and telling you those glitches, because i fear that "unwanted" people may see that and use it to their advantage.
I also tried contacting people on this website, written pms to some of them and 2 days have passed, still didn't get any response from any of them.

Thanks for reading this and hope both my questions will get answered.
mSy
Hello MsY.
Answering your question. You can place door in the middle of the room(if you want to test something(3d one) unless its blocking any room or part of house.
[Door Rules]
1. Do not build more than 2 custom doors which are not public in a row. Your friend's doors are counted as well.

Also about that (glitch). There is a forum section http://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7
(Private admin reports) You can write there about this glitch, and only admins will see it.
Well mSy, I am afraid that administrators carry their duties in different ways. Some prefer the method you outlined, such as explaining things etc. whereas others prefer to take direct action. Personally, I feel you have been a little hard done by (That is if what you have said is the whole story) and would have handled things differently myself. But at the end of the day you technically broke a rule, and the administrator at the time felt it warranted a suspension.

On to the second point, it is a shame you are having trouble contacting an administrator, but if it is an exploit/bug then most of the administrators wouldn't be able to do much. I suggest, as Borovichok stated, to make a private report in the Suggestions & Bugs section but I myself have seen this take some time. I think it would be worth sending a private message to Soul, Temar and Matt W as those are the people who are the most knowledgeable about bugs/fixes and would be able to help.

Once again, I am sorry that your experience here at Fearless hasn't been the best it could be, just be patient and try to move on is all I can say.

Adman
Actually, care to explain this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...CuKx-EL9Bs

Taken from the approved ban request which has led to your ban - http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=20269

The scenario you stated above had absolutely nothing to do with your ban.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • Humla
When you post this, maybe to avoid any confusion in the future, you could limit keypads to four per player and fading doors to two per player.
Ok, i didn't know that "this" was the reason, but now i'm actually kinda glad that it was. Explanation:
As you can probably see, this is done at the top floor of nexus. I do double security doors (2 fading doors with 1 keypad on both sides of the door), which as you can see in the video - adds up to 4 keypads and also 2 buttons (1 for each door) in president's office as of request of his (i don't usually do that, but president requested, so i thought - why not?). Since your rules state the following:
"1. Do not build more than 2 custom doors which are not public in a row. Your friend's doors are counted as well.
2. When you build custom doors use the fading door tool and place keypads and/or buttons on both sides."
, i would like to ask - which rule was broken over here? (also the doors are not visible right now, because the button was pressed when it was recorded).

P.S.: if it's because of this rule: "5. Between 2 doors, there should be space for atleast 2 persons standing side by side.", then i would like to say that i've tried and 2 people actually fit there (side by side).

Also sorry about the previous story, but that's what happened last time i've logged on to the server and i thought that it was the reason and story of my ban.

mSy