New Star Wars movie
Well at first i was hmm this might be interesting , till i saw Disney BOUGHT Lucasfilms. The same Disney who is responsible for Twilight..... is going to make the new Star Wars movie.......

I sense a major disturbance in the force

for those of you who don't know it:

Disney releases movies under Touchstone when it thinks they're too adult or generally not good enough to be released under the Disney brand. After all, when you think of Disney, you tend to think of movies like The Little Mermaid or the Lion King rather than, say, Pearl Harbour, Step Up 2 or The Prestige. (Incidentally, this means you can blame Disney for Twilight.)

http://starwars.com/news/new-star-wars-m...index.html

[Image: Fail-2.jpg]
So is it going to be a 'proper' Star Wars film or some cartoon remake?
Dear god why, Marvel now LucasFilm?

Disney is the monster that is the mother of bad sequels

Its almost a cliche or expected for someone to post this, but it must be done, for it fits the situation quite well

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s[/youtube]

Edit: "In a statement announcing the purchase, Disney said it planned to release a new Star Wars film, episode seven, in 2015. That will be followed by episodes eight and nine and then one new movie every two or three years, the company said."

One can hope its at least based on the expanded universe, because theres some serious potential in some of those stories.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BlackDog's post:
  • William Lionheart
Leave Star Wars alone, leave it alone i tell you!

For Star Wars fans and hasn't seen this yet, check this review out (It's hillarious, and very enlightening!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgx...2A9344A277
Didn't Disney make Pirates of the Caribbean though?
(10-30-2012, 10:33 PM)KethDenja Wrote: Didn't Disney make Pirates of the Caribbean though?

They did, but look at how the series went from the first one, the monster that is the mother of sequels.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BlackDog's post:
  • William Lionheart
I didn't want to be the one who did the Nooooo part so i left it to somebody else. I actually can't believe Lucas agrees to it , he always said: Episode I - VI is Star Wars. The tragic story of Anakin Skywalker is Star Wars all the rest is additions added to the franchise but its not Star Wars . He allowed people to add some stuff and some things have been considered Cannon , it even surprises me he made the Clone Wars series cannon . He always said only the movies he made is considered Star Wars and there will never be any more to it.
Another nail in the coffin of Star Wars...
Oh well, time get my piece of paper with lines defending myself ready, for when I say: I love Star Wars (referring to the first 2 episodes, chronologically)
Oh no, please don't let them mess it up...
(10-31-2012, 03:05 PM)Killjoy Wrote: Oh no, please don't let them mess it up...

No need to worry... they will