Cruise Control
Title of Suggestion: Cruise Control - Max Speed

Description: Instead of the current "no need to press w" thing on cruise control... Make it set the Max Speed instead, so that you're just not able to go faster than ex. 30 mp/h when you press it there.

Why: At the current position this cruise control puts us in, there's gonna be a shit ton of CDM going on. If you make it just set the max speed, it will help in roleplays better - like when the president makes a max speed at 25 mp/h - just go that speed and press T, then it's your max speed untill pressed again.
Everything happens for a reason.
That kind of defeats the object of cruising around. I'd be more than happy to make it togglable between the two modes though.
I think that while you are on cruise control mod , you should be able to slow down and speed up , that might lower the CDM.
(10-24-2012, 10:57 PM)GhostRider Wrote: I think that while you are on cruise control mod , you should be able to slow down and speed up , that might lower the CDM.

Cruise control in a nutshell.

You have cruise control enabled. If you hit the gas, you speed up and the cruise control holds that speed until you hit something or press the brake,which then automatically disables the cruise control.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
(10-24-2012, 11:09 PM)Toxic Wrote:
(10-24-2012, 10:57 PM)GhostRider Wrote: I think that while you are on cruise control mod , you should be able to slow down and speed up , that might lower the CDM.

You have cruise control enabled. If you hit the gas, you speed up and the cruise control holds that speed until you hit something or press the brake,which then automatically disables the cruise control.

No , if you brake by pressing "space" it'll speeding up after , and from what i have noticed , you can't speed while you are in the mod.
(10-24-2012, 11:12 PM)GhostRider Wrote:
(10-24-2012, 11:09 PM)Toxic Wrote:

No , if you brake by pressing "space" it'll speeding up after , and from what i have noticed , you can't speed while you are in the mod.

Well, Toxic is talking about "Cruise Control" In Real life, because that is how it works, you speed up, then the CC will hold the speed when you release the gas, if you slow down it will hold the speed when you release the pedal.. Not just speed up to 100 Mp/h again.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
(10-24-2012, 10:49 PM)Matt W Wrote: That kind of defeats the object of cruising around. I'd be more than happy to make it togglable between the two modes though.

That sounds really good, but I just see how this could turn out in the future.

New player join, gets a car - thinks "I want to pimp this as much as possible" then he gets cruise control...

He then start driving through the city, presses "T" (Still holding down "W", not knowing not to) and a few people run infront of him, he releases "W" and presses "S" - bam 4 people dead.

Think about it.

That means:
- SHIT TON of CDM Banrequests.
- SHIT TON of @ Requests.
- SHIT TON of flame in OOC.

I could keep going... easily.

This is a great... no not great... It's a brilliant idea, but I just think that this will cause more trouble than necessary.

To prevent all the trouble... Simply make "T" set the current speed you're going - to your max speed, allowing you to to still slow down by releasing "W" and pressing "S" and use Brake(Space) and it wouldn't keep driving.

Summary: It just sets a max speed, at the current speed you're going.
(10-25-2012, 06:04 AM)MiXEN Wrote:
(10-24-2012, 10:49 PM)Matt W Wrote: That kind of defeats the object of cruising around. I'd be more than happy to make it togglable between the two modes though.

That sounds really good, but I just see how this could turn out in the future.

New player join, gets a car - thinks "I want to pimp this as much as possible" then he gets cruise control...

He then start driving through the city, presses "T" (Still holding down "W", not knowing not to) and a few people run infront of him, he releases "W" and presses "S" - bam 4 people dead.

Think about it.

That means:
- SHIT TON of CDM Banrequests.
- SHIT TON of @ Requests.
- SHIT TON of flame in OOC.

I could keep going... easily.

This is a great... no not great... It's a brilliant idea, but I just think that this will cause more trouble than necessary.

To prevent all the trouble... Simply make "T" set the current speed you're going - to your max speed, allowing you to to still slow down by releasing "W" and pressing "S" and use Brake(Space) and it wouldn't keep driving.

Summary: It just sets a max speed, at the current speed you're going.

Agreed, this is simply the best way of doing this.
Definite +Support, I haven't even used it but can imagine the problem this could cause.

Oh, imagine the BMW... D:
(10-25-2012, 06:16 AM)Adman Wrote: Definite +Support, I haven't even used it but can imagine the problem this could cause.

Oh, imagine the BMW... D:

Ye, I am driving the BMW.. It's pretty ehm, hard sometimes lol?