Bethesda Softworks
Fallout: New Vegas is a far, far better game than Fallout 3. There is a ton more, and it lives up to Fallout 1 and 2, whereas 3 is a complete f*ck up in that regard. 3 is a good game regardless, an excellent one even, but it's not as good.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • Kalastaja
(10-25-2012, 10:20 AM)Faustie Wrote: Fallout: New Vegas is a far, far better game than Fallout 3. There is a ton more, and it lives up to Fallout 1 and 2, whereas 3 is a complete f*ck up in that regard. 3 is a good game regardless, an excellent one even, but it's not as good.

I have preferred it several times before
But I should say again
If you will install only ONE mod for Fallout 3 which is called "Reborn" you will take your words back about New Vegas being better

Hell
Reborn mod changes almost everything in Fallout 3 in a good way
It's I'd a completely new experience bringing a lot new in game

Realism
Hardcore
Useless stuff like "cigarette" now can be see by you
Much harder to obtain one or another thing
Ammo is a scarce
Removed all the alienated unrealistic laser rifles
Player models and different appeal/clothes were reskinned
Weapons and armor properties were drastically changed. If you have no armor, one pistol bullet will be enough to kill you (depends where it hits)
Disguise by wearing other fraction armor/clothes

And all a lot more

By looking at your signature pic Faustie I can tell you are fan if stealth games?
Well this realism mod will FORCE you to play stealth almost every single second
You can get similar mods for New Vegas, too. You can't say which game is better based on mods - The mods are a complete third party modification and have little to do with the actual developers. I'm comparing these games vanilla, based on their development. Mods can change the game, yes, but you shouldn't compare games over them - Both games have thousands of mods available.

Also by the sounds of it Rebirth doesn't seem very Fallout. I'm all for making it brutally hard, but why remove laser rifles? Those are a classic part of Fallout, play F1 or F2.
You will know what I mean when you try it out yourself

Personally I was annoyed shooting 100+ shots from Gauss rifle just to kill one single Deathclaw
Here, maximum what you will need is 2 Deagle mags (even though it will be hard as fuck to find .50 Acton Express bullets in there)
(10-25-2012, 10:20 AM)Faustie Wrote: Fallout: New Vegas is a far, far better game than Fallout 3. There is a ton more, and it lives up to Fallout 1 and 2, whereas 3 is a complete f*ck up in that regard. 3 is a good game regardless, an excellent one even, but it's not as good.

wow finally found somebody who thinks that 3 was bad compared to new vegas <3

(10-25-2012, 11:47 PM)Dr Tomorrow Wrote: You will know what I mean when you try it out yourself

Personally I was annoyed shooting 100+ shots from Gauss rifle just to kill one single Deathclaw
Here, maximum what you will need is 2 Deagle mags (even though it will be hard as *** to find .50 Acton Express bullets in there)

well i play on the hardest and i still insta headshot everything with my damage build on new vegas so i really don see how you need to pump so many bullets when my enemies die to one bullet in the brain so maybe your playing it the wrong way
Strength doesn't come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.