[Examples/Advice] Policeman RP Ideas
Heart 
Now, do not misunderstand the title, I do not mean that these RPs are for "advanced players" only, and that you should not attempt them. I simply wanted to state that these RPs are a less seen on the server, and you should approach them with more caution than the standard police RP.

In my opinion the "usual" police RP consists of the player patrolling the streets, on foot or by car, and occasionally searching areas for suspects.

Here is a short list with tips on some fun alternative RPs for the police, so you can spice up your time:

Highway patrol:
Prerequisites: Eexcellent driving skills (you will be chasing down speeders)
Basically, your job would be to wait at a crossroad or patrol the outskirts of the city, looking for reckless drivers. You are supposed to chase them down and corner them without them dying. Fine the minor offenders and arrest the more dangerous drivers.

Detective
Prerequisites: A suit (detectives are not wearing uniforms), decent RP capabilities (you need to talk your way in and out of places).
A detective's job is to get into places a police officer in his uniform cannot. You are supposed to do surveillance of suspicious objects or players. After you have gathered evidence you are to call in for backup and begin an arrest operation.

Impound lot officer
Prerequisites: A lockpick (do NOT buy one from a Black Market dealer, make sure you own one before you start this RP), good team communication.
The impound lot officer's job is to confiscate cars from players who have been arrested/shot by the police. You are to pick the lock and drive it to the Nexus garage. After you have impounded it, you have to notify the owner of the car that it has been impounded, and that he can reclaim it after he has paid the fine. You are not to randomly impound cars from the street without an RP reason, as it is rule breaking.

Toll booth guard
Prerequisites: Decent building skills (you have to be able to make a realistic toll booth), presidential permission for a booth (it MUST be given before you can construct the booth).
The toll booth is meant to control the flow of vehicles in and out of the city, as well to prevent lawbreakers from fleeing the city. Make sure that the barricade can be broken through, as that is stated by the rules. Do not refuse to let a vehicle through without a reason.

Jail guard
Prerequisites: Decent building skills, patience, presidential permission
Your job is to sit in the jails and tend to the prisoners. This position is required if the president wishes to warrant players for more than 5 minutes. You must have a bail set up. Patience is advised because players will often try to harass you into letting them go (microphone spamming most often). Keep the cells closed, and the prisoners away from each other (to avoid them from jumping on each other while asleep). The bail does not fall under the hostage ransom rule, as it is not mandatory. While doing this job, always stay at the jails, do not wander around.

General tips:
- Before taking out your gun or tazer, try to talk the situation over. I found that just by RPing an arrest or a body search, players will not try to shoot you.
- Be careful with your driving, you are not to endanger the lives of innocent bystanders.
- Uphold the law and be an example. Do not jaywalk,speed or break any of the laws.
- Remember you are here to protect and serve, not shoot and taze.Citizen safety is your primary concern, keep them safe at all times.
- Maintain good communication with your commander and the rest of the government. Do not defy orders or interfere with the work of other officers.
- It would be wise to check with an admin or at least post in OOC chat about your activities. It will make their job easier, and will probably save you the trouble of defending yourself from uninformed players.
- If you do not know how to do something, ask in the chat. People will often help you out any way they can, if you are polite.
- Do not abuse your powers as an officer.
- Call an admin if someone is breaking the rules or ruining your RP.

*Note*
These are just some basic outlines to help you out with your RP. Play around with them and evolve! The beauty of roleplay is creativity. Use this as a foundation and come up with your own, unique RP!

Remember, lethal force is the LAST resort. Always try to avoid it if possible
The following 4 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • buffalobagingi, D0ctor, Defalt, tyyy1997
Thread approved.
Never saw this thread.

I shall give it a gander but it looks really good.
Oh sweet Jesus it's here!

I submitted this guide month ago (I believe), and I thought it was rejected.
Any feedback is helpful, feel free to post constructive criticism.
Another very useful guide Doom!
You have inspired me to write my own :p
The topic area you discuss on each RP is very well placed.
Nice guide Doomdude. Some people could definitely do with reading this! very well written. Good job, keep it up mate. Smile
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • D0ctor
I love the Detective idea. I have wanted to be a detective in CityRP for ages. Is it allowed?
(03-05-2013, 10:41 PM)Noodles Wrote: I love the Detective idea. I have wanted to be a detective in CityRP for ages. Is it allowed?

Get permission from the President and do is as the Unemployed job.
I would also like to recommend "the power of two" it is othen both safer and even more enjoyable (you can share RP for instance) to patrol and work in two man cells.

and the Job (community) patrol:

Patrol in a long path around the city checking (unowned only) buildings (you would be surprised how many times i found contra in "abandon" buildings, also recall that this is realistic as real police need to sometimes check old building for "drug dens").

mostly the job involves going in a car and inspecting building, if the owner is in it is a good chance to RP the community interest we are supposed to have with our citizens (tipacaly "hello, any trouble we can help with?") I have othen found good RP proof leads this way, if the owner is not in I check the door is server legal and then LEAVE without good evidence i can not raid or request one.
Good guide Doom! People who play police office really need to read this.
Kind Regards,
Arxxy
Fearless Donator