Poll: What HUD Design do you like the best?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Soulripper's
28.57%
6 28.57%
Jamie's
71.43%
15 71.43%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New FearlessRP HUD + GUI (VOTE)
Hey, I have been selected by Soul to develop a new in-game HUD and GUI for CityRP - However my lua skills are far more advanced than my graphical design skills so I'm asking you guys to help me out with the graphical side of things.

***EDIT 08/10/12 ***

A lot of people liked both Jamie's and Soulripper's HUD So now is your chance to vote.

This is souls:

[Image: design_soul.png]

This is Jamies:

[Image: uQWZN.jpg]

If jamie's is selected I'll need to run it past soul and make sure it's ok.
Well I ain't no pro at either of those things but I wish you best of luck
It will be up to you, how hundreds of FL members will react on your work
Good luck Wink
The following 1 user Likes Dr Tomorrow's post:
  • Matt W
(10-05-2012, 10:34 PM)Tomorrow Wrote: Well I ain't no pro at either of those things but I wish you best of luck
It will be up to you, how hundreds of FL members will react on your work
Good luck Wink

Thanks, I'm also interested in making the entire HUD completely customizable - IE; You can change and move every "element" of the HUD to your liking and colour.
The following 1 user Likes Matt W's post:
  • Haarek
Hmm, This is something my Graphics Design course taught me, Designing graphics for the coder.

I'll need more info on what part of the GUI you are planning on changing, So if you can put up some screenshots of the part of the GUI and explain what you're changing, That would help.
(10-05-2012, 11:04 PM)Jamie Wrote: Hmm, This is something my Graphics Design course taught me, Designing graphics for the coder.

I'll need more info on what part of the GUI you are planning on changing, So if you can put up some screenshots of the part of the GUI and explain what you're changing, That would help.

All HUD Elements, top bar bottom info/health/ammo - Everything. Soul is drawing up a design for the Derma skin for the menu's so that's not needed atm.
I will have a crack at it in the morning, It's getting pretty late here. What kind of style are you going for or you looking for different designs?
Below an image of my design, this would be my dream. Not too much changed, but looks modernized and fancy in my opinion. I made it with photoshop, it's not 'real'.

Since the health, hunger and stamina are more of indication value, I didn't set text in them. Maybe in newer version of my sketch will add icons in these 3 bars. I used a standard font because harabara looks messy when font is small.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 10 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Matt W, equal, Blonde, Slick Rick, GhostRider, GRiiM, Haarek, Biowulf, Nadrickk, Caboose
(10-05-2012, 11:15 PM)Jamie Wrote: I will have a crack at it in the morning, It's getting pretty late here. What kind of style are you going for or you looking for different designs?

I think clean , simple yet effective and preferably featuring the "Harabara" font (the one in the fearless logo) and the blue in the fearless logo too. Lots of semi transparent blacks
(10-05-2012, 11:19 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Below an image of my design, this would be my dream. Not too much changed, but looks modernized and fancy in my opinion. I made it with photoshop, it's not 'real'.

Since the health, hunger and stamina are more of indication value, I didn't set text in them. Maybe in newer version of my sketch will add icons in these 3 bars. I used a standard font because harabara looks messy when font is small.

Holy, fuck, shizzle, da, bizzle...
The following 1 user Likes HellShell's post:
  • Matt W
If no design tops Souls' by 2PM tomorrow I'm starting development of it Smile