Looking for good horror games
(10-08-2012, 04:56 PM)Biowulf Wrote: Go play Survivors. Scared the piss outta me even though it's coop.

guess i can try that

(10-09-2012, 12:10 AM)Caroline Wrote: Play System Shock 2 (there's a modded free version floating around, very good)

I'm certainly going to look for that if its FREE :p

(10-09-2012, 01:21 AM)wweee2345 Wrote:
(10-08-2012, 12:27 PM)GRiiM Wrote: The Penumbra series was made by Frictional Games before they made Amnesia, they're pretty good horror games and have the same sort of game mechanics as Amnesia.

If you haven't played it yet then definitely get Slender, that's free to play.

Both of these do not have coop. I can't think of any good horror games that have coop.

Penumbra was pretty good, one of the things I recall from the game:

Overall, it was a fun game, but the playthrough was really fast for the first two; about 4-5 hours to complete.

Yeah penumbra is on my steam wish list i so want to try it out like many other games :p as for the picture what the fuck xD

thanks for all the suggestions
(10-01-2012, 09:07 PM)William Lionheart Wrote: Personally i don't think Killing Floor or Left 4 dead is creepy although KF has its moments though . I know about Amnesia and I'm going to get it in the future , as for the Co-op here's the thing: My cousin wants to play together with me . We're planning doing an all nighter with watching horror movies , play horror games then go walk outside at 4 in the morning for the creep factor . I would try Cry of Fear but i won't know if it works on my non steam version at all and I've heard it won't

I did this with my friends. We hosted a scary game night, except it was all on one machine. We played Paranormal, Slender: Elementary (The best Slender), and another game I forget the name of. We played it at 12 AM to 5 AM. and we were in an old factory that he owned in a small pitch black room.

A horror game is not one that you can fight back in. Horror games need to make you scared shitless by making you run and not turn around pull out a M1014 and shoot the hell out of the creature/person.

EDIT: Found the last game SCP Containment Breach it is a little complicated but if you read up on the different SCP's you'll know what they do to you and how to escape. It's really fun, but sometimes buggy. All the games I mentioned are frreeeeeeeeeeee. All single player, but trust me very scary and fun.
I guess I'll check out those too
Look up gm_ghosthunt 1 & 2 for Gmod. Not a bad map, but I thought 2 was better.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
I'll look up those Gmod maps , though my cousin is a cheapskate so he won't get gmod