Half Life 3
(09-25-2012, 10:50 PM)Toxic Wrote: You're playing as Chell. Roleplay.
if that's what you call RPG than almost every game is RPG

Portal 2 has ELEMENTS of an open world. Not a full-on open world as you're still slightly being pointed in the right direction. Details.
There are no decisions I can make in the way of going somewhere. It has one ending and I have no freedom to roam around anywhere but linear rooms and corridors. So tell me how do you see at least a single element of an open world?
A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting, or through a process of structured decision-making or character development.

Yeah because that fits portal so well. just no...
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

(09-26-2012, 07:12 AM)Tomorrow Wrote:
(09-25-2012, 10:50 PM)Toxic Wrote: You're playing as Chell. Roleplay.
if that's what you call RPG than almost every game is RPG

Yeah, I'd call about every game I've played one form of RPG or another.

Portal 2 has ELEMENTS of an open world. Not a full-on open world as you're still slightly being pointed in the right direction. Details.
There are no decisions I can make in the way of going somewhere. It has one ending and I have no freedom to roam around anywhere but linear rooms and corridors. So tell me how do you see at least a single element of an open world?

http://8th-circuit.com/sites/default/files/portal2.jpg

Elements of an open world.

(09-26-2012, 07:26 AM)Ghost_walker Wrote: A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting, or through a process of structured decision-making or character development.

Yeah because that fits portal so well. just no...

You are playing as a character when you start any game.

Halo - Master Chief/Arbiter
Portal - Chell
Gears of War - Marcus
Half Life/ Half life 2 - Gordon Freeman

Want to go into decision making?

Walking Dead
Mass Effect 1-3
Spec Ops - The Line

Only difference on Garry's Mod RP is that your character's guidelines aren't set in stone.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
(09-26-2012, 03:49 PM)Toxic Wrote: http://8th-circuit.com/sites/default/files/portal2.jpg

Elements of an open world.

Are you being serious? I really can't tell. Either you're trying to save face, due to a remarkably stupid comment you made, or you just genuinely don't know any better.
The following 1 user Likes Dylan's post:
  • equal
Portal is not a open world game, open world does not mean that you are outside, or in a cave with a hole in it, or what you are trying to point out.

An open world game is where you can go where you want, you don't need to go to the left, you can go to the right Etc.

Skyrim
APB reloaded
GTA
And so on..

In Skyrim you can go up that mountain instead of going in that house. You can get on that horse and turn left, instead of walking and turning right.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Toxic
Are you ignoring what I write?
Or you simply have your own view on everything that already has a clear and approved definition?