Half Life 3
(09-24-2012, 01:41 AM)Tomorrow Wrote: Your so called BS has just been announced by gamespot
And I believe them more than other fan created crap videos Titled "HL3 trailer" where they show walruses

At least I have attitude to still believe that HL sequel is not dead
I'm sure you might be sceptical about that sorts of news
But keep the negatives away please

Did you seriously even watch the video you linked? Gamespot announced NOTHING. They said that a french gaming magazine "Journale De Gamer", says they have a source close to Valve, who says HL3 is in development and features open world RPG elements. NOWHERE in the video do they claim this to be true, all they are doing, is recite what Journale De Gamer says is real. In my opinion it is entirely bull. Whether HL3 is alive or not, I doubt Valve would be so inspired by The Elder Scrolls, that they make it a huge influence in HL3.
Half Life 3 will come but we have to have patience , they're no going to ruin an amazing franchise like half life what pretty much set the market for them by shoving in RPG elements. There has been speculation that there has been some art work from HL3 (or episode 3) on the web . We have to yet remain patience so wait and see
Think Portal 2. Open World RPG elements.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
(09-25-2012, 02:50 PM)Dylan Wrote:
(09-24-2012, 01:41 AM)Tomorrow Wrote: Your so called BS has just been announced by gamespot
And I believe them more than other fan created crap videos Titled "HL3 trailer" where they show walruses

At least I have attitude to still believe that HL sequel is not dead
I'm sure you might be sceptical about that sorts of news
But keep the negatives away please

Did you seriously even watch the video you linked? Gamespot announced NOTHING. They said that a french gaming magazine "Journale De Gamer", says they have a source close to Valve, who says HL3 is in development and features open world RPG elements. NOWHERE in the video do they claim this to be true, all they are doing, is recite what Journale De Gamer says is real. In my opinion it is entirely bull. Whether HL3 is alive or not, I doubt Valve would be so inspired by The Elder Scrolls, that they make it a huge influence in HL3.

Ok I take my words back about announce and stuff
I was just waaaaay to happy that time to think and write properly
Wanted to share it as fast as I could
I am just happy there is ANY news about HL3 at all
(09-25-2012, 04:32 PM)Tomorrow Wrote: I am just happy there is ANY news about HL3 at all

To be fair, this is hardly news. If the journalists weren't so fucking sensationalist, they would change the title to a much more fitting "Half Life 3 to include open world, rpg elements, says unknown guy". Only reason this gets any coverage is because a french magazine published it.

(09-25-2012, 04:11 PM)Toxic Wrote: Think Portal 2. Open World RPG elements.

Portal 2 isn't open world or has any RPG elements.
Whatever you like to call it
I am happy to any piece of information about
Whether its a new big fact or a very small info
Just how usually we hear any news on Half Life 3?

Far Cry 2,3; GTA; fallout or skyrim are open world games
Portal is not. In fact I wouldn't even call it RPG
(09-25-2012, 05:04 PM)Tomorrow Wrote: Whatever you like to call it

Y'know, what I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't consider this "information". At best it's very, very sketchy, and avoids many details which should be explained. It doesn't seem like the work of a Valve employee willing to spill some of his guts. Seems more like someone trying to make the news.

I'm not shutting out the possibility that it's real. I just think the chances of it being real, are very small.
Sounds more like a marketing scheme for the magazine to me.
(09-25-2012, 05:04 PM)Tomorrow Wrote: Whatever you like to call it

Far Cry 2,3; GTA; fallout or skyrim are open world games
Portal is not. In fact I wouldn't even call it RPG

You're playing as Chell. Roleplay.
Portal 2 has ELEMENTS of an open world. Not a full-on open world as you're still slightly being pointed in the right direction. Details.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
(09-25-2012, 10:50 PM)Toxic Wrote: You're playing as Chell. Roleplay.
Portal 2 has ELEMENTS of an open world. Not a full-on open world as you're still slightly being pointed in the right direction. Details.

That's mental. Portal 2 is incredibly linear. Half Life 2 was more open world than Portal 2 (what with the huge areas and airboat). And the "You're playing as Chell = Roleplay" is even more mental. So much in fact, that I won't even begin to describe how fallacious it is. Details say that Portal 2 is a linear FPS puzzle-game.