My amazing story about playing on this craptastic server
lately i seen more dictator ship arresting everyone for 15 mins and charging money to release early
i plan to put a stop to this , not the bail part as its there choice but arresting everyone you can for 15 mins is unacceptable
the punishment should fit the crime, j-walking should be warning / fines, only stuff like murder should be like 15 mins
The following 2 users Like Temar's post:
  • Infernaw, Termin
Temar I completely agree, perhaps some sort of guidelines/regulations should be introduced to prevent this. Ibring this up because if it's not in the rules than admins can't really pprevent the stupidity.
I got arested once.because I had.a knife as a CHEF.
And I completly agree with TEmar
(09-23-2012, 02:55 PM)Temar Wrote: lately i seen more dictator ship arresting everyone for 15 mins and charging money to release early
i plan to put a stop to this , not the bail part as its there choice but arresting everyone you can for 15 mins is unacceptable
the punishment should fit the crime, j-walking should be warning / fines, only stuff like murder should be like 15 mins

In a dictatorship everything is equal hence the time of jailing will be equal for each citizen. No one is above the other in the dictatorship.
Majority of the time when either Fultzy or I go dictator, we send out an initial warning stating that terms no matter the crime are max punishment. This being enough warning that players do not heed.

If they have been jailed before this is also enough warning, the sad part is they choose to carry on with it without rebellion. I can't tell you the countless times that a dictatorship has gone on for almost six hours without any resistance.
I think this is mostly a rage post but often the police are hungry to arrest people.

For example;

A law was JUST MADE 10 seconds ago that rebels are banned from the city, asshole cops will see the first rebel and arrest him without warning, even though he didnt have time to leave the city or be warned.
Steam Name: Fallcon
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bottar1
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34631279
Honestly I'm with Wweeee Here. It is their fault for not doing anything. I'm guilty of running some of the harshest, tyrannical dictatorships on FL, and I can tell you from experience people do nothing but complain in OOC. Dispose of the dictator if you hate him so much, don't keep whining. My laws include warnings that as long as there is a jail guard, there will be a 15 minute punishment. People need to understand this, and act accordingly. Ignorance isn't an excuse.
I also agree with Wweee. Dictatorships aren't meant to be fair. They are meant to be tyrannical and downright evil. I've seen people moan and complain in OOC (aaaaa harsh laws, I got arrested for nothing, they're arresting everyone etc.) when they broke the laws. The dictator at that time had no plans or intention for the outskirts, just for the city. And yet, 70% of the server was in the city, repeatedly breaking the laws and getting arrested. The only "resistance" that formed were the Rebels, which I later found out were just farming contraband, happily outside of the city.
If you don't like a dictator, stop moaning, arm up and resist! Why not throw up an excellent French-resistance type RP (like I started when Rowan was Dictator...he got assassinated before I could get my base up), or at least escape the government. If the police break the rules, report them. If they don't, fight or flight. Don't stand around, break the laws, spam the poor,poor jailguard with microphone screaming, just to get back on the streets and do it all again.
I think we have too much dictatorship just because of one simple reason
A reason to raise taxes
Correct me if I'm wrong here
Yeah honestly just get all rebels corleones and unemployeds to group up and raid the president, it's not too difficult if everyone hates him.
Steam Name: Fallcon
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bottar1
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34631279
(09-24-2012, 12:05 AM)bottar1 Wrote: Yeah honestly just get all rebels corleones and unemployeds to group up and raid the president, it's not too difficult if everyone hates him.

Seriously... "Diplomacy" or "Campaigns" means something to you?