Preventing admin impersonation
Pretty good idea to be honest, but there must be some way that people could use their minds when they see this.
But the fact is that you should be able to trust the administrators instead of having a worry about imposters or false people.

Maybe a global message upon kick and join of a player with the guest/player rank with the tag on?
(09-18-2012, 06:56 PM)Narcotic Wrote: Maybe a global message upon kick and join of a player with the guest/player rank with the tag on?

Hm, that's even a better idea than checking for admin's SteamID's.
Like:

"*Player* joined the server with rank User/Regular/Donator/Admin/Owner"
or
"*Player joined the game: User/Regular/Donator/Admin/Owner"

Regular is a player with over 200 hour c:
(09-18-2012, 06:48 PM)Theblackshadowofgod Wrote: This should work (Soul or Temar)
Code:
admins = {
        "STEAM_0:1:15472195", -- SoulRipper
        "STEAM:0:1:00000000", -- Admin1
                "STEAM:0:1:00000000" -- Admin2
    }
    table.Add(admins)

-- Check if the player's name contains the [FL] admin tag and isn't listed above.
    for k, v in pairs(player.GetAll()) do
        if (not(table.HasValue(admins, v:SteamID()))) then
            if string.find(v:Nick(), "[FL]") then
                v:Kick("Only admins of Fearless are allowed to wear this tag");
                return false;
            end
        end
    end

That's pretty good ! It will avoid admin to loose time on this kind of cases of tag theft !
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
(09-18-2012, 06:59 PM)Catkillerfive Wrote: Like:

"*Player* joined the server with rank User/Regular/Donator/Admin/Owner"
or
"*Player joined the game: User/Regular/Donator/Admin/Owner"

Regular is a player with over 200 hour c:

This is way to easy to get mistaken, once they are in, there can be a lot of chaos, maybe it should be marked more clearly if you understand?

Example: [FL] AdminName has joined the server and is a possible imposter.

(Yes, I suck at examples)
(09-18-2012, 06:57 PM)Theblackshadowofgod Wrote:
(09-18-2012, 06:56 PM)Narcotic Wrote: Maybe a global message upon kick and join of a player with the guest/player rank with the tag on?

Hm, that's even a better idea than checking for admin's SteamID's.

That's exactly what I've been talking about
Just didn't knew how to express it
At the end of the day it's easy to tell if they're impersonating on the server, they won't have the star/shield.

The real impersonations occur outside of the server, through steam.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • Termin
(09-18-2012, 07:23 PM)Adman Wrote: At the end of the day it's easy to tell if they're impersonating on the server, they won't have the star/shield.

I agree
But you do realize some people who refuse or just lazy enough to ignore all the content from F1 button, doesn't even realist that admins have stars, shields and tools on their bar
(09-18-2012, 07:29 PM)Tomorrow Wrote:
(09-18-2012, 07:23 PM)Adman Wrote: At the end of the day it's easy to tell if they're impersonating on the server, they won't have the star/shield.

I agree
But you do realize some people who refuse or just lazy enough to ignore all the content from F1 button, doesn't even realist that admins have stars, shields and tools on their bar

I do realise that, and if they're too lazy to check, they probably deserved to be tricked, as it is easily preventable on the server.
(09-18-2012, 08:17 PM)Adman Wrote: If they're too lazy to check, they probably deserved to be tricked

If you can solve that kind of issues by adding just 1 small block of code (6 lines), then why should they even get tricked in the first place.

I think this is just the easiest way, also there won't be anything to worry about if you know there is a protection for non-admins with a [FL] tag.