Small question
I wasn't sure where to post it exactly so i thought i would go here to post this. I'm curious about something when does pointing out the rules fall under the category "backseat admin"? Is there a certain degree to where you can point out the rules (not flaming and stuff just telling people the rules) without backseating?
I find it helpful to let someone know if they are breaking the rules with early hours. Like if I see someone breaking a minor rule such as a base rule, I shoot them a quick pm informing them that their base could be considered against the rules. Most of the time I get a response telling me they fixed it and we can all go on with our roleplaying or if they don't fix it I make a ban request.
lets say you see a proppusher, he proppushes everyone around you. Then you shoot him (Backseat adminning.) Do not take action by your own hands
Let the admins take care of the rulebreakers and just do what you did before just avoid the proppusher.
[Image: 28guk44.png]

Thanks to Duck for the epic sig..
also thanks for the "a great friend since 2009" really appreciate it!

How about some Reputation?
(09-12-2012, 02:17 PM)Anakonda Wrote: lets say you see a proppusher, he proppushes everyone around you. Then you shoot him (Backseat adminning.) Do not take action by your own hands
Let the admins take care of the rulebreakers and just do what you did before just avoid the proppusher.

I think there should be a rule that you can kill them if they are trying to kill you as such.
Backseat administration is when you break the rules yourself to administrate. Telling a player about the rules, or informing people about rules isn't really backseat administration is it? If anything it is pretty helpful. Obviously, doing it in an aggressive manner and in a patronising tone like 'OMG, u shold totally kno tht no RDM' isn't helpful and is just stupid.
Sorry we don't accept small questions, only big ones.

[Image: inb4lock.jpg]
thing is there was a situation the other day where i just pointed out the rules by the newbies on the rp community. They told me i was doing backseat administration while they just didn't accept the admin's decision , how can that be even called backseat administration? Clearly it is stupid of me to talk to retarded people like that in the first place but its a habit you try to help out the new ones
Who told you?
(09-12-2012, 09:08 PM)William Lionheart Wrote: thing is there was a situation the other day where i just pointed out the rules by the newbies on the rp community. They told me i was doing backseat administration while they just didn't accept the admin's decision , how can that be even called backseat administration? Clearly it is stupid of me to talk to retarded people like that in the first place but its a habit you try to help out the new ones

You sir, have discovered the idiot. No but seriously, you weren't backseat administrating, those guys were clearly not fit to play. The fact they didn't accept the admin's decision means they probably broke the rules and thought nothing of it, calling what you did backseat was their butthurt way of trying to get you to stop explaining things to them, they simply didn't want to understand.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • William Lionheart
Thanks for the info Adman , they where indeed butthurt because they got demoted for contra farming in their hideout as BMD's and not doing their jobs when the admin told them to do so