Dante's Inferno (not the game)
(09-18-2012, 05:54 PM)Tomorrow Wrote: Some things surely cannot be proven
I however still believe in Shambala and Eldorado

Why do you believe that? I mean, heaven and hell is a different thing, as you really just can't prove it. It's beyond this realm. But Shangri-La and Eldorado are both supposed to be findable in this realm, by humans. And we've pretty much seen everything.
I didn't said I believe
I just stated that it's nearly impossible to prove heave and hell existence
I just don't want to go against religious people beliefs and that's why I never discuss it
(09-18-2012, 07:30 PM)Tomorrow Wrote: I didn't said I believe
I just stated that it's nearly impossible to prove heave and hell existence
I just don't want to go against religious people beliefs and that's why I never discuss it

Uh.. Did you read past the first sentence of my post?

(09-18-2012, 05:54 PM)Tomorrow Wrote: Some things surely cannot be proven
I however still believe in Shambala and Eldorado
There is no way a person can prove to other people that "Heaven" or "Hell" exist. All you can do is say "Hey, go see it yourself", which is something that a lot of us are trying at the moment by Astral Projecting.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
(09-19-2012, 08:45 PM)Holdem Wrote: There is no way a person can prove to other people that "Heaven" or "Hell" exist. All you can do is say "Hey, go see it yourself", which is something that a lot of us are trying at the moment by Astral Projecting.

When did the discussion of whether heaven/hell could be (dis)proven start?
(09-20-2012, 08:03 PM)Dylan Wrote:
(09-19-2012, 08:45 PM)Holdem Wrote: There is no way a person can prove to other people that "Heaven" or "Hell" exist. All you can do is say "Hey, go see it yourself", which is something that a lot of us are trying at the moment by Astral Projecting.

(09-13-2012, 05:17 PM)Dylan Wrote: In my opinion hell is a fairytale and absolutely false. Furthermore, if heaven is anything like Dante Aleghieri thought it was, i'd rather go to hell. At least there, you don't have to constantly praise a "benevolent" leader (Sound like North Korea much?)
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
The following 1 user Likes Holdem's post:
  • Dr Tomorrow
In my opinion it doesn't really matter what anyone believes in When we die we will know, who knows it might be a nice surprise.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:39969344&b=7]
Go fourth mighty Euro Truck Simulator warrior, run them down. Unleash your wrath upon the pedestrians. For the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
(09-20-2012, 10:13 PM)Holdem Wrote:
(09-20-2012, 08:03 PM)Dylan Wrote:

(09-13-2012, 05:17 PM)Dylan Wrote: In my opinion hell is a fairytale and absolutely false. Furthermore, if heaven is anything like Dante Aleghieri thought it was, i'd rather go to hell. At least there, you don't have to constantly praise a "benevolent" leader (Sound like North Korea much?)

Y'know, that is not answering any questions. This entire thread is about hell, but no one EVER, has asked the question, of whether hell could or couldn't be (dis)proven. In fact, the only place someone has mentioned hell and prove in the same post (save for this post, my previous one, and yours), was when I asked Tomorrow why he believed in Shambhala and Eldorado, after I had mentioned that Heaven/Hell couldn't be proven.
The Thread is about Hell therefore I'm posting about Hell. I don't see what the problem is. No one asked if it could be or not disproven, I'm just adding it as a discussion topic in this thread.

As said, I still don't see the problem.
(09-21-2012, 03:53 PM)Holdem Wrote: The Thread is about Hell therefore I'm posting about Hell. I don't see what the problem is. No one asked if it could be or not disproven, I'm just adding it as a discussion topic in this thread.

As said, I still don't see the problem.

I doubt you actually thought that. Seems more like an attempt to save face. If that was your thought, why did your previous post consist entirely of quotes from me? Really seemed as if someone was out to give a discussionary bitch-slap there.

Even with that said and done, it wasn't adding anything. It was re-iterating what I had already said.

Furthermore, you didn't start a discussion-topic. There was nothing to discuss, you closed down the possible discussion there could be, by stating there is no way to (dis)prove heaven/hell. Good luck starting a discussion based on that.