Dante's Inferno (not the game)
Alright so i just got back from a language class (native language class) and we talked about Dante's Inferno and i have to write my own version of Hell where i get to place who i think deserves to be in hell in different what lvls of hell i want so i thought that i might take this discussion with Fearless. So remember this is a discussion not a debate. I know that there might be some flaming but try to keep it to a minimum. Alright so my questions are.
(Note: you may answer if your not christian anyway since im not christian but i have to do my own version as a essay. And also im not trying to start a debate about religion. And also for those who dont know how it looks like here is a link
http://travizzt.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/circles.jpg)

1)What do you think of dante's vision of hell?

2)Are there any sinners in his vision that you feel do not deserve to be in hell?

and
3) what sins do you think would deserve to be in hell?

Looking forward to your answers as im quiet sure it will be interesting to read.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

So you want us to make your homework?
The following 2 users Like Fleet Admiral Zapington's post:
  • equal, GRiiM
Isn't there a School section for this too?
Not really since it's not the homework it self the homework i have to do is I have to come up with my own version of hell. I am simply asking you what you think about the version of hell that Dante came up with and i have to confess i was kinda unclear in the opening post but i have this ability to start rambling even in text so sorry.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

From my point of View, Hell itself as described (Flames, demons, constant suffering, etc) does not exist. In my opinion, people don't go to "Hell" if they've done something bad and will be punished there. It's complicated to explain but anyways.

In my opinion there is an Astral Realm and it's divided into three planes:

1- Lower Planes: It's the place that people refer to as "Hell", or "Purgatory". It's relatively dark, some people have described it as the place of Dante's Inferno, Purgatory, etc. Many lost souls reside here but it's usually where people go when they're dreaming aswell as when you are astral projecting (Unless you know how to raise your frequencies into higher realms, but this takes a long time to get there).

2- Middle Planes: It's a place of inmense beauty, nature and fairly impossible to describe if you haven't been there before. In this Realm time is distorted and many people have said to be able to see the Past and the Future from here, including their past lives.

3- Higher planes.: It's called the "Heavens" by the Christians. It's a very pure and Angelic realm, in fact it's where Angels reside.

Just my opinion and some other's.

When you die you create your own reality, you create your own "Paradise". If you've been a good person you'll create a good reality, maybe create a beautifull paradise in which to chill out for as much as you want. If you've been a bad person, full of hatred and so on, you will create a bad reality, which will be filled with anger, fear and so on. I guess you can describe this as being a "Living Hell", thus why people say it's Hell, which it isn't exactly.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
The following 1 user Likes Holdem's post:
  • Foxy The Pirate
In my opinion hell is a fairytale and absolutely false. Furthermore, if heaven is anything like Dante Aleghieri thought it was, i'd rather go to hell. At least there, you don't have to constantly praise a "benevolent" leader (Sound like North Korea much?)
The following 1 user Likes Dylan's post:
  • Foxy The Pirate
I actually found it kinda interesting what Holdem said it kinda makes you think. And as for why i wanted your guys opinions on this is because as many people i don't believe in Hell or atleast not in the way christians do. Hell is something else for people that believe in Nordic Mythology and thats why i wanted to ask you to see if i could make a more clear picture of hell for myself before i try to as my teacher told us to do create our own vision of it.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

I am along the lines of Dylan here. I don't believe in any sort of afterlife, whether it be heaven or hell.
(09-14-2012, 07:49 AM)Adman Wrote: I am along the lines of Dylan here. I don't believe in any sort of afterlife, whether it be heaven or hell.

'Course you're with me. You're my fellow intellectual!
Some things surely cannot be proven
I however still believe in Shambala and Eldorado