Death Penalty
Christ almighty I want another discussion thread like the "Gun Control" thread StillAlive made a while ago. It was fun arguing with everyone, and people getting more and more bitter (nah, just kiddin'), therefore I have decided to bring another controversial topic forth:

DEATH PENALTY

I think Death penalty is just unnecessary and shit (an opinion I will elaborate on upon replying other posts. Can't have me spill all my guts at the beginning). What's your opinion on it?
Good idea Dylan, I like open debates too.

Anyways, I'm pro death penalty. Not really much to say, I think it's fair to get rid of some people, for example child rapists, serial killers, mass murders like Breivik etc, we don't need them nor do they deserve to live.

Not to mention having all these people in jail costs a lot of tax money.

I do believe its kind of double morally that people have to kill these people too. Its not exactly the same tho.
I'm in for death penalty, and gas chamber for Breivik.
But do you know how much a lethal injection cost to do? - 1million danish kroner PER INJECTION.
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

(09-05-2012, 06:29 PM)Andreas Wrote: But do you know how much a lethal injection cost to do? - 1million danish kroner PER INJECTION.

I call bullshit, can you provide some evidence for that statement?
The following 2 users Like Fleet Admiral Zapington's post:
  • Faustie, HellShell
(09-05-2012, 06:25 PM)Zzzzap Wrote: Not to mention having all these people in jail costs a lot of tax money.

I think this argument is fallacious. I respect many other reasons for death-penalty, but this one is just wrong. Saying we should kill people because they cost money is just wrong.

On your other arguments, why shouldn't those people be kept alive?
I'd have to say I'm pro-death penalty as well, here in the States child molesters etc. already get killed in prisons so... Why not have the government kill them? I dunno, I think it really just depends on how terrible the crime that was committed is.
(09-05-2012, 06:48 PM)Slick Rick Wrote: I'd have to say I'm pro-death penalty as well, here in the States child molesters etc. already get killed in prisons so... Why not have the government kill them? I dunno, I think it really just depends on how terrible the crime that was committed is.

Would cost money, as Andreas pointed out (though I have to admit I'm calling bull-shit to that big-a-number, along with Zzzap).
I'm against death penalty and there's several reasons why I feel like this.

1. Those who are left from the crimes and are still suffering from the memories of their possibly lost ones will get pulled through a maybe 10-15 years old case where the penalty will get processed. This will prevent (for example) a family to move on after their loss and they will get reminded of it all the time. Think about if you had a brother/sister or similar who died on Utöya? Would you like to be reminded of this every day the next many years just because of 1 person. No. That would be giving the criminal his will.

2. I think most criminals wish the attention there is from death penalties and courts in general. They get a rush for it and extremists like Breivik or the guy from the Batman Shooting are only in it because they're mad and thinks they're right in their way to think. With a long case in court they have more time to explain why they did it and in the end if they get excecuted they will die as martyrs, which makes them die for their cause. That's just like giving them what they want. Attention and rights to talk.

However, I'm all in for 9999 years of imprisoning. Some people just shouldn't be out on the streets.
(09-05-2012, 07:03 PM)Dylan Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 06:48 PM)Slick Rick Wrote: I'd have to say I'm pro-death penalty as well, here in the States child molesters etc. already get killed in prisons so... Why not have the government kill them? I dunno, I think it really just depends on how terrible the crime that was committed is.

Would cost money, as Andreas pointed out (though I have to admit I'm calling bull-shit to that big-a-number, along with Zzzap).

I know it would, but it wouldn't be an outrageous price if say 1-5 criminals per year that only REALLY deserved it (example: raping and killing multiple people) got the penalty. I know we kill way more than that annually here in Texas though.
Jail sentences can cost alot of money, which could be used for other important things. Why not just get rid of those bastards without asking too many questions?

The following 2 users Like Blonde's post:
  • Fleet Admiral Zapington, Slick Rick