Corleone RP?
Hello, Baseplate here.

Recently I have been experience alot of Corleones trying to get PassiveRP's to pay money to them, like protection money.

I am getting sick and tired of paying the Corleones money for nothing and you have to pay, if you don't they will be burning down your PassiveRP down or kill you etc etc.

What do you think about this type of, Powergaming I would call it.
Because the Corleones is taking the control of your RP so you basically have to do as they say, if not you have to pull out guns as a chef which just makes your RP look pathethic.

Lately my Hotdog Trailer almost got burned down, Reliqua's Church got burned down. I mean, a FUCKING CHURCH?

So, What do you think about this kind of CorleoneRP.
Is it alright?
Do you hate it?

What are your thoughts.

Recent Victims:

http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=18269
http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=18202

Related Roleplay:

http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=18237

Kind Regards,
~Baseplate
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
I find this rather annoying, it's ridicoulous how it has to ruin passive roleplay every time you wish to set up a business and roleplay, I don't understand that people that actually finds this entertaining.
If they really had to do something if we didn't pay them their "protection money", which we never asked for the protection we had to pay for.
If they had to act against it, they could at least roleplay throwing a stone or an object at the shop to slightly damage it, that would be more realistic in my opinion, to burn it down is just wrong.
The following 4 users Like Narc's post:
  • Rain999, equal, Spartanjunior, Generation
The protection money system works when people RP it. This goes for both sides because it's not realistic for a shop owner to just ignore it, of course.
The problem with the "system" is, that it's pretty much one of the only ways to roleplay the mafia classes. They have no really other purposs other than contrawhoring.

However, I agree with Narcotic. It shouldn't happen everytime someone's trying to set up a shop and it MUST be RP'd correctly.
Just walking in an saying "Y u no our protection have? Pay 1500 a day to get protection or die" is exactly the same as random raiding and general failRP.
(09-03-2012, 08:08 PM)Baseplate Wrote: Hello, Baseplate here.

Recently I have been experience alot of Corleones trying to get PassiveRP's to pay money to them, like protection money.

I am getting sick and tired of paying the Corleones money for nothing and you have to pay, if you don't they will be burning down your PassiveRP down or kill you etc etc.

What do you think about this type of, Powergaming I would call it.
Because the Corleones is taking the control of your RP so you basically have to do as they say, if not you have to pull out guns as a chef which just makes your RP look pathethic.

Lately my Hotdog Trailer almost got burned down, Reliqua's Church got burned down. I mean, a freaking CHURCH?

So, What do you think about this kind of CorleoneRP.
Is it alright?
Do you hate it?

What are your thoughts.

Recent Victims:

http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=18269
http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=18202

Related Roleplay:

http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=18237

Kind Regards,
~Baseplate
Jeez, that's pretty some pretty harsh ways to get money from Passive RP'ers. Hope something gets done for this. Maybe Corleone should have a reason to get protection money? For example: " Hey man! You selling weapons to the rebels? The Don doesn't take to kindly to that kind of buisness." I guess that would be a pretty good reason to have to collect money from the vendor, but anyways, hope no churches or hot dog stands have to be burned down in the future.
Alright so here is my thoughts on this. Alright i try to get Don Corleone the few times on the server because i love Roleplaying as the Mafia. So yeah i think it's kinda starting to get annoying how the corleones just expect you to pay them instantly so ill tell you how i do it. I usually start by telling the corleones to set up a base in the city (mostly a bar with a fake wall to get a backroom where we can make plans) After that i tell them to go to the shops and offer our protection (and i always tell the corleones to not get violent if the shop owners say no) so if the shop owners say no they move on to the next shop. When they are done they come back to me and tell me which shops didn't want the protection. So at this time most people would just burn the peoples shops down. When they refuse i like to send my men back to tell the shop owners to think about it and i give them like 15 min to think about it then i send my men back. If they refuse a second time i tell my men to start to imply that bad things can happen. And if they decline once again i tell my men to do something like throw rocks trough the windows (by emote ofcourse) and do minor damage to the shop. Because it's like Narcotic said the mafia don't gain everything from just burning down the shops it's better to cause minor damage and try again and again until they accept. And if they still decline after asking them like 10 times i usually tell my men that they don't fear the mafia and just to let the shop be.

TL;DR: Don't burn down their shops for nothing keep trying to extort money from them and cause minor damage to their shops until they give in.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

My opinion is that in general, i like extorting money as a Corleone, and i see not one problem with it, except the fact that people use it as a reason to burn a persons' shop down because they do not "pay up."

What to do if they do not pay up

Spoiler :
Turn possible clients away, either verbally or by showing a form of lethal presence (Such as letting them see that you are armed.)

Get information on the shopkeeper. Do they have family, where do they live, and who are their friends. Those are all important questions that if put in the hands of the Corleone, can be used as leverage.

Taking something as a substituted payment. If they possibly have a vehicle, taking it would be the smart thing to do. Of course, this can be used as leverage and a motivation for them to start paying up, or else it well end up in a chop shop, or possibly as a new pair of wheels for the Don to drive in.

Trashing their shop. This is a completely non-lethal tactic that could aggravate the shopkeeper into paying the fees, especially if they would like their shop to be generally clean. (Trashing the place could mean littering on their floors, breaking windows, destruction of breakable furniture.)

Physical Torture. If they do not pay up, you should try to beat them into paying the fees. A Crowbar goes well when Role-playing to break their kneecaps and shins, and might i recommend the knife to cut off their toes/fingers/fingernails.

Threats before actions. Threatening them is definitely worth a shot; perhaps try threatening them that you will commit murder and frame it on them, or perhaps threaten that after this many minutes without the fee being payed, then you would burn their shop to the ground.

These are just some of my ideas to do CorleoneRP in different ways than the usual burn if they say no.

The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • Foxy The Pirate
Nevinator said it all, you could simply stand outside the shop and turn away customers or all the other things outlined. Burning the shop is actually pretty stupid, unrealistic and obvious to the police force.
Who would ever burn down that hotdog stand? That thing was epic!
I'm not sure how long you've been around, but people always have burnt down enterprises for whatever-reason. Semper Fi and Friends use to burn down Passive RP zones for 'clan claims' and Corleones/Rebels usually do it for 'influence'.
It's one of the reasons I constantly tell people, "Don't like getting robbed/attacked/burnt down? Hire a security" you've got atleast 6-10 Clans in Fearless which run security branches, and all of them usually do it for training reasons. Don't rely on admins to always solve issues, but rather deal with them in a roleplay sense.

(09-03-2012, 08:25 PM)Narcotic Wrote: I find this rather annoying, it's ridicoulous how it has to ruin passive roleplay every time you wish to set up a business and roleplay, I don't understand that people that actually finds this entertaining.
If they really had to do something if we didn't pay them their "protection money", which we never asked for the protection we had to pay for.
If they had to act against it, they could at least roleplay throwing a stone or an object at the shop to slightly damage it, that would be more realistic in my opinion, to burn it down is just wrong.
It pays the bills.
With a group of three people I could roll into a 'Passive RP' zone[bars/hotels] kill the guards, and rob everyone in the building for $2000 each.
Give or take: $16,000 - $30,000 dollars each raid. That's $10,000 each person for simply walking into a 'Passive RP' area and robbing every person inside of it.
You will have some major heat on your head and people will want you dead for a few hours. I usually go BMD after something like that and run a mary jane farm near the lake and sell weed to passer-bys.
Is it thrilling? You bet. Does it make money? You bet.
(09-05-2012, 02:00 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: I'm not sure how long you've been around, but people always have burnt down enterprises for whatever-reason. Semper Fi and Friends use to burn down Passive RP zones for 'clan claims' and Corleones/Rebels usually do it for 'influence'.
It's one of the reasons I constantly tell people, "Don't like getting robbed/attacked/burnt down? Hire a security" you've got atleast 6-10 Clans in Fearless which run security branches, and all of them usually do it for training reasons. Don't rely on admins to always solve issues, but rather deal with them in a roleplay sense.

(09-03-2012, 08:25 PM)Narcotic Wrote: I find this rather annoying, it's ridicoulous how it has to ruin passive roleplay every time you wish to set up a business and roleplay, I don't understand that people that actually finds this entertaining.
It pays the bills.
With a group of three people I could roll into a 'Passive RP' zone[bars/hotels] kill the guards, and rob everyone in the building for $2000 each.
Give or take: $16,000 - $30,000 dollars each raid. That's $10,000 each person for simply walking into a 'Passive RP' area and robbing every person inside of it.
You will have some major heat on your head and people will want you dead for a few hours. I usually go BMD after something like that and run a mary jane farm near the lake and sell weed to passer-bys.
Is it thrilling? You bet. Does it make money? You bet.

I don't see how making money is entertaining, this is just some stupid thing to do, they don't rob, they burn down places.