The War Z
Played dayZ before
it looked dull and boring as hell for me
The WarZ has a lot more to explore
better crafting system
better stealth mechanics

There is really something more than that that I like more in WarZ than DayZ
And i have no idea how to describe it
The only thing that annoys me about this game is this quote from the website under the FAQ:

(10-26-2012, 11:16 AM)WarZ FAQ Wrote: Rich Fan: "I want PAY FOR WIN! I have lots of money to spend!"

"Sorry pal, but this is the wrong game. Like in a real-world, post apocalyptic scenario, your money will mean much less than your natural survival skills, training and wits."

and then they actually turn into a pay-to-win model, which I personally am not a big fan of. I'll wait until the game comes out to try it out, no point in playing if massive clans of little kids stealing their parents' credit cards will rule the world :/
Clan Needed Tounge
(10-26-2012, 11:16 AM)Gamesdude109 Wrote: The only thing that annoys me about this game is this quote from the website under the FAQ:

(10-26-2012, 11:16 AM)WarZ FAQ Wrote: Rich Fan: "I want PAY FOR WIN! I have lots of money to spend!"

"Sorry pal, but this is the wrong game. Like in a real-world, post apocalyptic scenario, your money will mean much less than your natural survival skills, training and wits."

and then they actually turn into a pay-to-win model, which I personally am not a big fan of. I'll wait until the game comes out to try it out, no point in playing if massive clans of little kids stealing their parents' credit cards will rule the world :/

If it's WarZ you are talking about then, good sir, you are wrong. Why, just two days ago I came behind a player who had a beret, a metal bat and a M4 semi. I killed him with my trusty, bloody and rusty hammer. Now the bat and the beret can only be bought for now, or are extremely rare. He had an assault rifle (he might have found it) and a lot of other valuable supplies.
Did any of those (probably) store-bought items help him? The answer is no, I bashed his brains in without a problem. So, this game is not a pay-to-win game...

Back to OT, here are some links to recent game-related news:

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php...ock-update

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php...on-options
(10-27-2012, 04:00 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 11:16 AM)Gamesdude109 Wrote: The only thing that annoys me about this game is this quote from the website under the FAQ:

If it's WarZ you are talking about then, good sir, you are wrong. Why, just two days ago I came behind a player who had a beret, a metal bat and a M4 semi. I killed him with my trusty, bloody and rusty hammer. Now the bat and the beret can only be bought for now, or are extremely rare. He had an assault rifle (he might have found it) and a lot of other valuable supplies.
Did any of those (probably) store-bought items help him? The answer is no, I bashed his brains in without a problem. So, this game is not a pay-to-win game...

Back to OT, here are some links to recent game-related news:

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php...ock-update

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php...on-options

In P2W MMO's for example, it's almost always possible for the people who aren't paying2win to beat those who are, and that's usually the devs argument as well. Sooo, it doesn't make you invincible = it's not P2W? Hardly. People take the term Pay 2 Win too seriously, you aren't literally going to win and be the best because you're paying for extra shit, it's just gonna give you an advantage, a lot of people happen to not like that kind of mechanic in a game and that should be understandable.

So like I said, don't take the term so literally because this game is in fact "Pay2Win"
But the point is you have been playing for awhile and it was only one guy, imagine a small army of little kids who have the best weapons in the game just going from town to town blowing everyone away.
Clan Needed Tounge
(10-27-2012, 04:47 PM)Gamesdude109 Wrote: But the point is you have been playing for awhile and it was only one guy, imagine a small army of little kids who have the best weapons in the game just going from town to town blowing everyone away.

Oh trust me, no armies of little well armed kids are going anywhere. I have been playing Day 1, almost every day in fact (I think I skipped 1 or 2 days total). I have not seen any players actually buy equipment, save for the one person I killed. I believe no armies of children shall be terrorising the server and here is why:

1. Teamwork.
For an army (or a small group, it matters not) to go around shooting everyone, they need to work together. Now, this works fine and well with players in TeamSpeak, like out little Fearless group. The fact that these "kids" (just judging maturity) bought equipment in this game, is a sign of very poor judgement, and perhaps even intelligence. Those "kids" will shoot each other the slightest thing, thus rendering their team useless.

2. Perception
One of the, if not THE most important thing in the game, is your perceptiveness. Is that a player, or is it a bush? Is that zombie following someone or stumbling about? Those questions make the difference between life and death in WarZ. I have trailed some of these players for at least 10-15 minutes at a time, sometimes more. They are not perceptive.

3. Planning
Really no need to explain the importance of planning. Let's just say that their plans are basically "Go straight, shoot everything"... and they fail at it so often.

4. Judgement
Good judgement is very important. Knowing when to strike, where to go and what to search is important. Should I follow that player in the building? Should I stay on the outskirts of the city and watch the place for a minute, or just go in guns blazing? The fact that they lack intelligence/understanding/concentration makes them fairly easy to kill, if you're prepared.

In conclusion, killing the "rich" players off is actually easier than killing a grizzled bandit, who knows tactics and has his trusty pistol out.
The game is basically a "Brains over brawn" simulation.

Sorry for the long post Smile.
And I approve this message ^
I play WAR Z

I work in a group and I always keep the zombies away wile they loot their fresh killed victims bakpacks Cheese
The following 1 user Likes Altoria's post:
  • Termin
Just started downloading BETA
god this takes long... T_T
I think I will start off alone, because in every game thats the best how I can play
Please tell me that there is at least one Hardcore EU servers where you don't get spaw killed ;_;