The War Z
I understand that alot of people here might not recognize me so let me Introduce my self & Pitch out this game for you so its in your knowledge.

Hello Community of Fearless, I am KuRiouS.
I am a Community Mod for Arktos Entertainment LLC & Now Hammer Point interactive. I've been a fearless member since quite a while back now. I have been addicted to the fearless server for quite a long time and i still enjoy this community alot. Recently i stopped being active at all on this community and i will come to the reason for that.

Now you know who I am & What a Fanboi I am of Fearless. Let me throw my Suggestion/idea out there for all of you to read, & Yes I want all of the community's feed back. The Good the bad the ugly.

This new Game Hammer Point Interactive is coming out with is called The War Z. It is a open world zombie Survival based game (You might know it if you ever played DayZ) that runs on the Eclipse game engine. You might not recognize the name of this engine but other games on older versions of this game Engine is for example : LOL, War Inc: Battlezone ( There is another one I forgot the name of) When this game hits market in a few months it will start with one Map a roughly 250-300SQ KM Sized map called Colorado. (Note: Skyrim had only around 37SQ KM Map size) With 2-3 more maps planned to be created after the release of the game. This game will be a First & Third person based game. The War Z will be around 19.99$ USD to pre-order & 29.99USD None pre-order. It will be available on E-Markets such as Steam & From the Arktos Site. All DLC Will be Free once you own the game & No fees for members like they have in WoW. The War Z is currently in a Closed Alpha stage.

So if you ever heard of DayZ and you enjoyed the idea of that game then you should definetly check out The War Z.

[url="http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?603-The-War-Z-FAQ-Official-Developer-Quotes"] Here[/url] is an official thread with just about every thing I am allowed to tell you about the game so far. http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php...per-Quotes
You Might need to make a Forum accounts to read this. I know the forums were locked to Guest viewers Due to Spam bots.

So far the Game hasn't even been released & There are a Few Help Wiki's.
http://www.warzwiki.com/The_War_Z_Wiki
http://.www.twzwiki.com/

Now bask in the beauty of War Z

[Image: towntripnu.jpg]
[Image: 32660726236029388128518.jpg]
[Image: warztps.jpg]
[Image: warzhud.jpg]
[Image: towntrip2.jpg]
The following 2 users Like kurious's post:
  • Rahiro, Haarek
It's a HUGE ripoff of DayZ but it looks better in every way so far
The following 2 users Like Slick Rick's post:
  • Ronchiiik, Absinthe
Well your right they have stolen a couple ideas of dayz but thats pretty much what every existing game does isen't it =)?

And the reason why it catches my intrest alot more is because personally I never really enjoyed how dayz was working out. Like admins over servers could spawn/do whatever they wanted, tons of hackers and there wasen't really any system that was friendly to regular survivors exept showing a bandit skin. And even the Bandit skin was a bad idea because of how it worked with returned fire and all that.

All of this is thought of in WarZ =)
(08-29-2012, 09:28 AM)kurious Wrote: Well your right they have stolen a couple ideas of dayz but thats pretty much what every existing game does isen't it =)?

And the reason why it catches my intrest alot more is because personally I never really enjoyed how dayz was working out. Like admins over servers could spawn/do whatever they wanted, tons of hackers and there wasen't really any system that was friendly to regular survivors exept showing a bandit skin. And even the Bandit skin was a bad idea because of how it worked with returned fire and all that.

All of this is thought of in WarZ =)

True but DayZ was original, the first of it's kind. I mean, War Z is such a big ripoff it even added Z in it's name lol
Recent picture Update.

[Image: warznight2.jpg]
[Image: scaled.php?server=43&filename=warznight.jpg&res=landing]
Oh. My. God.

I'm so getting this.
The following 2 users Like BombFire's post:
  • Gamesdude109, Salinsky
I wish DayZ never came out, and this came out as its own back in April / May. DayZ has over 1 million players. Arma alone had alot left. If you look in the game servers in Arma... Well, you NEED a filter to find your favorite server, because over 10k servers of DayZ came out. It's a disaster. The point that makes me even more pissed is that 70% of ALL DayZ players are scripters. Its no fun being sniped with a gun thats not even in DayZ. If I could meet rocket, I would shake his hand, then flip him off.
The following 1 user Likes yarrrs's post:
  • coolniceguy42
Thanks man, I am going to play this :3
This game, from the screenshots, looks so clean and polished. I am looking forward to it, hopefully it is everything you could ask for from an open world survival horror, and not just a free mod. DayZ had it's perks but I never played it much, hopefully this will be a big success.
The game does look very good. Yes, it does have some elements from DayZ that I can see such as the visibility and noise meters but that doesn't bother me as people need to take inspiration from existing products on the market, I bet there aren't many game developers that do.

As for the price of $19.99 though, I think I'll wait for a couple of reviews first before I think about spending that much.

P.S Do you know if there will be any closed/open BETA testings for the game at any time? I'd be interested in signing up for one if there will be.