The War Z
I might actually buy this because it looks a good-game and because it is a rip-off of DayZ all the fan-fetuses will stay away from it Cheese
Hmm... I've always been looking for realistic HUGE open world survival game...
I might as well buy arma just for this
But I will wait for some reviews :/
From what i have heard this is the commpany relesing a game vertion of dayz instead of just being a mod. For profit.
Thats what i have heard anyway.
(09-04-2012, 09:17 AM)ukpezzzz Wrote: From what i have heard this is the commpany relesing a game vertion of dayz instead of just being a mod. For profit.
Thats what i have heard anyway.

DayZ is getting a standalone release that you do have to pay for, it and the mod will remain seperate so you dont have to pay for the mod to keep playing.

Though id expect the paid for version to have alot more put into it.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
Looking at these I'm impressed. It's quite clear that DayZ has been an inspiration, but I'm noticing a few other elements too. What I'd really like to see is a bit more of a STALKER element, or Metro 2033 perhaps. The grim semi-realism there was good, STALKER had great atmosphere and Metro 2033.. Well.. Is it too much to ask for a few gas-mask simulator elements in this, i.e. filters to get through certain zones or whatever? Loved that. I know that's a whole different thing but with some clever storytelling it could fit in well.

Anyway, very impressive stuff, I'll keep an eye on it.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • Russkie
Available to pre order, I am getting the Pioneer package so I can play on the 15th

Cannot wait.
The best thing about DayZ is the realism and WarZ is like playing MW2.
The following 1 user Likes The_Alpha_Dog's post:
  • Rowan13
I am getting both, but I like the look of The War Z a lot more
(10-07-2012, 08:38 PM)Stanley Wrote: The best thing about DayZ is the realism and WarZ is like playing MW2.

WarZ looks just as real, but puts more of a teamwork aspect that DayZ didnt have. Basically DayZ was either you find a group to stick with or you died

WarZ is more a Zombie RPG rather while DayZ is just Zombie Survival. WarZ even allows you to have multiple characters with customization, so that you can actually have specialized groups of players, meaning a medic, sharpshooter, etc. The game is considerably more stable since the game is based of War Inc, so it already had a standalone engine before hand.

The map is just about as large

Quote:This screenshot shows pretty much 90% of the map. distance from the camera to far mountains in the center of the screen is around 11-13km (
6.6 to 7.8 US miles ). All area except for snow peak mountains on the edge of the map are playable. Ie you're getting around 160-170km of playable terrain comparing to 225 sql km of Chernorus ( keep in mind that large chunk of chernorus map is a sea ).

And it looks a whole lot better graphically without having to pay either $30-$40 for the game to even use the mod. Game holds players a lot better than Arma 2 does with the idea of doing 150+ player servers or even just a private server with friends.

The game is actually more realistic with the fact that its not only survival, but allows for trading; something that DayZ has yet to implement in the mod. The game has a much better Anti-Cheat that doesn't randomly global ban players for their keys getting stolen.

The inventory system is also much better:

[Image: 326607_262360293881285_1813240654_o.jpg]

It doesn't limit it to slots, but the total weight. So tell me how it isn't more realistic in that aspect.

Modern Warfare and Roleplaying are two different things. If anything DayZ has become more like Modern Warfare......
The following 2 users Like wweee2345's post:
  • Termin, Adman
Oh god get out of here Mathias.

I guess I'm looking a bit forward to this, but I'm mostly looking forward to DayZ since I've been playing alot and haven't been paying much attention to War Z
nice
The following 1 user Likes Prune's post:
  • Rain999