I seriously need some help...pls
Okay, so, I cleaned up my PC. Literally, I used AVG to clean up my viruses and errors. I restarted my PC and my sound/mic drivers were gone.

Now, I know I can re-download them, but I already tried and they still didnt show up. If anyone would give me a site or a solution...pls do...

Now for my other problem, whenever I start my windows, my icons are huge. I need some help on that too...

If you can, suggest me something....pls

(before you started bitching: GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND - no, I tried googling shit, I downloaded a few programs; only one of them would work but if you want to download more than 2 drivers per day, you gotta pay bro. I tried googling for drivers manually but still I found nothing.

Halppls

By the way, if anyone's still wondering, I tried using www.realtek.com too. Sadly, it does not work for me.
[Image: ssignaturek.png]

thenks tu Campruss for dis awsum signatur!
Big icons? Sounds like you need to install the drivers for your video card.
The following 1 user Likes RockHunter's post:
  • Outcast61
Windows has an option to enlarge your icons on the desktop.
It works the same as your browser.

Just hold CTRL and scroll up/down on your desktop.

About the drivers, if you have a laptop or desktop (which is directly from the shop, no customisations made) then just google it.
For example I have an Asus X53X(J/V). So just google Asus X53X drivers.

One of the first sites that should be listed are the ones of the company. There you should find working drivers.
Also, tell me the model of your laptop/desktop. I'll try to search with you ;p
Your biggest problem is the program you use to solve problems... AVG. Nuffin said.
OK, listen to me, i found a guy on Internet that got the same problem as you :

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/271...nd-defrag/

Someone told him to go here : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
This is about CD drive or DVD driver, if it doesn't work, restore your system! (I hope for you that you did save of your computer sometimes because its more easier than going inside BIOS).
Then when you have restored the system, everything should work.

If it worked, then change of Antivirus, i advise you the Avast, free antivirus! http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/38-...-software/ because AVG is no longer recommended that often on security sites. It's become too big, too bloated, consumes too many system resources. It does silly things. Installs the Yahoo Toolbar unless you opt out. Definition updates appear to come from different servers for free versus paid versions, and the free updates have a history of being unavailable too often. Add some embarrassing false positive detections, and below average detection rates. There are simply better free alternatives.

I hope this message helped you and others members that got same problem ...
Don't forget to give a "LIKE", it will take you just a few seconds because i did it in a long time before finding someone same problem's solution!

John McLane
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
The following 1 user Likes Generation's post:
  • KarmaKeith
Well, I have decided that it's best for me to reinstall my Windows. I tried a lot of solutions and as I told before, I cannot install any driver. I tried disabling/removing some stuff in the Device Manager but still it's a no go. Thanks for replying, but I think my PC would be better off with a fresh Windows install. My PC has even bigger problems than this one and a reinstall will do just right.

Thanks again.

Okay, but keep in mind that big icons can easily be solved by pressing CTRL and scrolling up/down on the desktop.

Just so you know ;p
(08-28-2012, 10:33 AM)Theblackshadowofgod Wrote: Okay, but keep in mind that big icons can easily be solved by pressing CTRL and scrolling up/down on the desktop.

Just so you know ;p

Well, it didn't work. After the PC restarted it just came back to being huge.

Anyway, I already reinstalled my Windows so now I have no problems at all.

Thanks for the suggestions again.

(08-28-2012, 02:36 PM)KarmaKeith Wrote:
(08-28-2012, 10:33 AM)Theblackshadowofgod Wrote: Okay, but keep in mind that big icons can easily be solved by pressing CTRL and scrolling up/down on the desktop.

Just so you know ;p

Well, it didn't work. After the PC restarted it just came back to being huge.

Anyway, I already reinstalled my Windows so now I have no problems at all.

Thanks for the suggestions again.

No Problem, it was cool to help you!
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
About the big icons, have you tried changing the screen resolution?

About the drivers, you should download a program called EVEREST. It tells you all about your PC, and can get you the right drivers. I used it a long time ago on an old PC which didn't have sound drivers, and it worked perfectly.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.