Backseat administration?
Your name: Humla

Your ban ID: 14091

Banned by: [FL] PrivateToast

Server: v2d

Involved: -

Why we should unban you: Im just looking for an explanation and hoping for a reduced ban. 2 days is not very long and I was going to leave it alone but this bugs me too much.

What did I do that is backseat administration? I did just ask people to stop while recording evidence. I get the metagaming part since I was talking in Skype, even though no information about the in game playing was given what so ever. I have some sort of "evidence" of why we were in Skype but I believe that it wont help. And Im also not sure if our RP event is allowed so I'd like an answer on that too since no admin were in when we did it.

It kinda sucks that gathering evidence for a ban request has the same ban time as the serious rulebreakers. Maybe I should just stop doing ban request and let the minges minge on.

And for the event: We build a paintball course and played "paintball" with our tranqualizers. Please speak up if this is not allowed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4lQjkza0...e=youtu.be

"Hey try tase him" "Tase tase tase" "Tase him and put him in jail" "Or tase him han cuff him" "I'll rope him"

Taken from the video. You played paintball well fine, but in the city or. Doesn't seems like you were playing paintball.
That was not me speaking, I even speak at the same time as that person, it doesnt make sense so my question is still there. What did I do? I didn't even tranq anyone in the city. The only thing I did was running after people and recording. Is that backseat administration?

Here is the reason why I was in Skype with friends: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85bMmvSihN4
Only 1 person joined our event so all of us who build the arena played some ourselves, we had a great time and since we are all swedish we called each other on Skype while building.
Forget the tranq part. In you movie some other guy then were meta gaming, but you're a part of it as much as he is.
As I said, I understand the metagaming part but not the backseat administration. So just because another guy I talk to on Skype is backseat administration it falls back on me? That doesnt make sense. I cant control what others says and do. If I wouldnt be talking to him in Skype would that still make me backseat administrating since we are friends? Where is the logic in that? I did not encourage him to backseat, I even told him once that he was doing it. I did not try to stop him though since it's not my problem, or so I though. Evedently it became my problem.

I'd like a second opinion from another admin on this. I respect your work, don't get me wrong, but this just doesn't seem right.
Backseating comes when the "other dude" talking to rope/arrest him. Also can you prove that it's not you who are saying that?
(08-24-2012, 06:10 PM)PrivateToast Wrote: Backseating comes when the "other dude" talking to rope/arrest him. Also can you prove that it's not you who are saying that?

Are you serious?! Havent you seen the youtube clip? At 0.04 you can see me talk in game (look at the name on the right, choose 1080p and fullscreen if you havent). At the same exact time I say "read the rules man" the guy in Skype says to a cop "Ey try to tase him and put him in jail". After that we talk at the same time again. First I said "stop this minging, please be serious" and my friend on Skype says "or tase him and cuff him or wait I'll rope him". Don't think I need more proof than that.
My internet can't take 1080p.
Also you were metagaming, which is low tolerance.

Unban request denied, ban expired.