People who "help police" when they're unemployed
If I see citizens at UM helping us when a raid is ongoing SS, I usually don't give a f*ck and shoot them for being dangerous and hostile.

End of story.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(08-03-2012, 08:39 AM)Midget Wrote: If I see citizens at UM helping us when a raid is ongoing SS, I usually don't give a f*ck and shoot them for being dangerous and hostile.

End of story.

See? Shot like a hoard of lizard men hopped up on PCP
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
Beflok's ban reason Wrote:killing a citizen trying to help cops as a cop ask first shoot second, changed to perm considering ban history

Quote:ask first shoot second

:/
Well, the government loadout from all aspects and classes is a bit sub-par for dealing with the standard criminal or criminal group.
Depending on your perspective, help is either a wonderful thing or a nuisance to everyone. While it makes sense that the government needs help, it could get confusing and a bit unrealistic, and even unfair. People can stroll down the road and walk out of a store with enough guns and ammo to take down the entire government force 3 times, dust their shoulders off and keep doing their shit. Our government officials who maintain city structure, and earn a paycheck for it, are given only average weapons which can easily beaten.

To solve this, sometimes a bit of help is needed. Although in reality, you don't run to a crime scene, whip out an AK and kick ass. That is still brandishing a weapon publicly, and an illegal one at that. Just because you are standing alongside an officer, you still have a dangerous weapon, and are shooting people, which is still against the law. So while there is technically a rule being violated, you really cannot blame them, because the loadout of the government usually ends in them failing to infiltrate contraband filled bases.

The solution here would be to revamp the government loadout, or atleast give them the option to legally purchase better weapons through their own special menu. This way, agents can get better weapons, but they can have a bit of fun selecting an ideal loadout.
Beflok's ban reason Wrote:killing a citizen trying to help cops as a cop ask first shoot second, changed to perm considering ban history

Where the hell did that come from? Of course your going to shoot first in many cases, you have no logical reason NOT to when your attacking a group of people who look exactly like the person who suddenly jumps in to support you, without informing you of it before hand.

Fearless's combat system does not make it easy nor possable in many if not all combat situations to allow the player time to type out a shout to the person who is running at them with a weapon, or who is at a distance with a weapon looking dirrectly at them as all it takes is 2-3 seconds to kill you, while typeing out " /y Freeze! Drop your weapon!" Can take upwards to 3-10 depending on your typeing skills

Yes binds exist, though well over half of players do not use these for the police force, or they dont use them at all.

An example of something you see on fearless all the time:

You and 3 other officers are attacking a base, their all in standard civi clothing their all armed with AK-47s, you turn to your side and now suddenly you see another civi comming towards you with an AK or somewhat off to the side hidden but facing your dirrection, chances are 99% of people are going to shoot them because they are now an in a combat zone, look exactly like the people their attacking, wielding the weapon of the enemy, or somthing similar and appear to be an active threat to them and those around them.

Its a natural reaction to perceive them as a threat and during a firefight you dont have time to mess about trying to figure out who they are and why they are there.

Unless a player has actualy made it clear before entering combat with the police, that they are there to help, they are signing their own death warrant as they are now a target to a completely under equiped, undertrained, understaffed, under funded law enforcement agency
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BlackDog's post:
  • Green Blockhead
I remember when i got a crowbar and ran around doing the batman themsong as duhduhnuhnuh!!! The golden crowbar!!