Technical games problems need help!
Hey guys so i know that there are a lot of you guys here on FL that seems to be very good at Technical stuff with computers and such. Sure im an IT student but im not really to good with some aspects of computers. Alright now here is my problem.

Okay so i recently bought a game i have wanted for sometime called L.A Noire. So i installed the game and when i press launch nothing happends. I mean the mouse icon seems to load but then nothing happeneds. So i looked it up on the web and i have tried turning of so it won't ask if i want to run the program and i have also tried to run the game as administrator and i have even followed the tech support on Rockstar games website and updated everything but nothing seems to work. I have also looked for solutions on google but there seems to be mostly only answers for if you have the game on steam which i don't since i bought it at a Game store. So now i ask you please if anyone know how to fix it please please please tell me because i really want to play this game.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

Which version of windows are you running?
if you are using vista you should try n install the right service pack.
Also try and run it in administrator mode.
Im running Windows 7 and i have tried to run it in administrator mode but if you have any ideá as to which service pack i should use for Windows 7 that would be great because that might be the reason as to why i can't play it.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

Im running windows 7 homepremium 64bit and i got service pack 1 and it works.
so i'd suggest you try installing that one and see if it works, if does or doesnt let me know please Wink
okay i will try to run it with service pack 1 later and ill tell you if it works thanks for the help for the moment Smile
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

No problem mate, thats what a community does. Wink
okay so i already had service pack 1 installed so i went into compadibility (or whatever its called) and changed it to run with Windows 7 but it don't seem to be any difference its still not working not even with Windows Xp service pack 1 not even with service pack for vista.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

okay what Windows 7 version you have? Ultimate, homepremium, starter etc.
also i need to know if you got 32 bit or 64 bit.
Also can you send me the specs of your pc ? so i can do more research for you mate.
im not 100% sure but im pretty sure i have Windows 7 homepremium and its 64bit i know.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

Are you running it through Steam?

System Specs?

Give me an answer to these two, and I may be able to help.

In Windows Vista/7, it may be necessary to turn off UAC and/or run Steam as an Admin.

Turn off UAC:

Open Control Panel
Select User Accounts
Select 'Change User Account Control Settings'
Change the slider to Never Notify
Restart your computer now and then run Steam as admin

Run Steam as admin:

Locate the Steam Shortcut on your desktop or within your start menu.
Right Click on the shortcut and select 'Run as Administrator'
You should then be able to run L.A Noire no problems.

Get back to me if this works or not.