Gaming Computer
My computer is better but I like those Specs and would get another computer just like that and good price like Stillalive said.
I got a Phenom x6 1100T, 8 GB DDR3, GTX 560 TI, MS-Tech 920W Modular and can run BF3 on Utra details on 1920 x 1080, so you'll have no problem.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
(08-17-2012, 05:24 PM)Shax Wrote:
(08-17-2012, 05:16 PM)Germs Wrote:
(08-17-2012, 05:07 PM)Shax Wrote: Are you going to OC it ?
if so you can reach nice amount GHz. Wink

If he's asking if he can run BF3 on high do you really think he's going to be overclocking?
He wouldnt be the first one who does it, i know people who could run it on factory settings but just OCed it to around 4 GHz

An overclock like that is really just minor. Most Ivy Bridge CPU overclocks will reach about 4.5 Ghz with stability on a decent cooler. The Sandy Bridge series especially the i5-2500K would easily reach 5.0 Ghz and maintain stability. First off, you wouldnt be able to overclock on this platform because its not a unlocked processor (It can be bypassed) and the B75 platform does not allow overclocking. It's not always the Ghz that matter, but the quality of the CPU architecture.

His PSU wattage would be fine. Just about any single card PCB can run off 500W of power. Why is it all I see mentioned here, "You need high wattage PSUs to run a graphics card"?
That statement is completely untrue. Considering majority of cards have 1 or 2 6-pin connectors each consuming 75W each, the max a graphics card itself will use is around 225 Watts. Add on the 125 or 95W CPU along with the 10 or so watts the HDD's use and you're coming close to 400W's of power. The Keplar series was a meant to be a low power and high performance series and has thus proven so.

the Op
For someone in the U.S. those parts would fetch a little over $1000. Nowhere near $1600, but I do understand parts are quite expensive for those not in the U.S., Canada, or the UK.

You wouldn't need an i7 for really anything other than developing or rendering. A 100 Mhz difference and hyperthreading isn't much worth the $40 difference. Get a good gaming processor such as the I5-2500K or the I5-3570K; both of which are around $220.

Your PSU seems to be a no-name brand. You risk shorting out your motherboard or thus the PSU dying later on. I suggest getting a higher quality PSU, I hear LEPA is pretty good over in Europe.

Pilot

There would be no need to buy a 670 with the 660 Ti. NVIDIA has literally been making similar cards and simply downgrading either the memory bus or the memory clocks. A comparison being the 660 Ti vs. 670 has the same clock speeds at 915 Mhz, a similar amount of VRAM (Though VRAM doesnt really matter unless playing on multi-monitors), but a different memory bus.

The 670 has a 320-bit bus while the 660Ti has a 192-bit memory bus. You could do a minor overclock (About 5%) to match a 670. The only performance difference you would notice is with high AA settings. The 670 is relatively similar in comparison to the 680.
[Image: coffeejr.png]

My character
Name: Coffee Jr Jones
Money: 101679
Donator: 207 days
Time played: 361 Hours
RP Points: 11

The following 1 user Likes Coffee Jr's post:
  • earl
Give me a budget and I'll cook something up for ya.
(08-17-2012, 02:26 PM)Statix Wrote: Can i run like Battlefield on high with this setup?

You could run bf3 with a GTX430 sli and run it on ultra with a processor like that. I have a 7950 OC GPU and a 3770k at 3.7 and i can run it at a sturdy 70 fps. The 660 by all means wasnt created to compete with the 7950, but it is still better than it, but by only about 2 fps.

In short. No, It can run it on ultra.
(08-18-2012, 03:10 PM)StillAlive Wrote: I suck at computers but I think this sounds really nice.

May I ask where you're buying? The price for this seems pretty good.

http://www.komplett.no/k/k.aspx