Poll: Should the Crowbar be removed?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
45.65%
21 45.65%
Not sure.
8.70%
4 8.70%
No.
45.65%
21 45.65%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crowbar, What's it good for?
Indeed it is, but my favourite weapon is the knife. (Bit of an exaggeration but hey!)

* Adman attempts to look all knowing

"If you're in a gunfight, you've already lost." - Adman, thinks he's too pro.

<3
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • Noobias
(08-12-2012, 10:21 PM)Adman Wrote: And also, if you're so 'scared' of the minge, then fight fire with fire and you yourself carry a crowbar as defence. It's cheap, reliable and effective. Turn the minges' tool against them!

*shows at his own ban resulted if two people crowbaring each other*
Don't ask why
But it was considered RDM when I self defended

(08-12-2012, 10:25 PM)Adman Wrote: Indeed it is, but my favourite weapon is the knife.
Ninja you say eh?
*cough* Backstab
That weapon is so stupid, useless, shitty, crappy, mingy, easy and silly.

I hate it. Remove it, nerf it, replace it or something. Seriously.
The following 4 users Like StillAlive's post:
  • Andreas, Dr Tomorrow, Termin, equal
Noobias i believe i've banned you twice for rdming with a crowbar......

I see why you want to keep it.
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

The following 3 users Like Andreas's post:
  • Dr Tomorrow, Termin, Haarek
I have an idea for this.

As hellshell was saying, the crowbar can actually be used to RP, however, the rest of you believe it should be removed/drastically nerfed due to its abuse by minges on the server.

I was thinking, how about instead of removing it, you make it so that you need a certain amount of RP points to buy and use the crowbar (I would think 1-3 points would be reasonable, if you can set it to that)? It will be harder for minges to obtain and use the crowbar, while still allowing it to be used for RP by those with enough RP points.
(08-12-2012, 11:04 PM)racerfan Wrote: I have an idea for this.

As hellshell was saying, the crowbar can actually be used to RP, however, the rest of you believe it should be removed/drastically nerfed due to its abuse by minges on the server.

I was thinking, how about instead of removing it, you make it so that you need a certain amount of RP points to buy and use the crowbar (I would think 1-3 points would be reasonable, if you can set it to that)? It will be harder for minges to obtain and use the crowbar, while still allowing it to be used for RP by those with enough RP points.

That's a good idea, however obaining a rp point is fairly easy during something like an event and that can make the crowbar fall into the wrong hands. If something as a crowbar is for the RP point crowd then is it something to even consider having?
-----------------

First off, using a crowbar to defend oneself against any type of firearm is failRP, so it's not a cheap defensive cause It should not be used as one. Second, "It's cheap that's why It's accessible.", this might solve the poor minge problem but not the rich. This will only make people more careful about using it and make them quicker to use their /holster bind.
Third, I've used the crowbar in a hostage RP situation as a tool of torture, only problem It's so powerful you have to ask the person you are torturing if they are going to die If I strike them again, even If you know they are wearing kevlar.

I just think It's a unreliable and too reliable weapon because of It's strength depending the situation.
(08-12-2012, 11:58 PM)pItr Wrote: That's a good idea, however obaining a rp point is fairly easy during something like an event and that can make the crowbar fall into the wrong hands. If something as a crowbar is for the RP point crowd then is it something to even consider having?

First of all, that's why I suggested needing between 1-3 RP points to buy and use it. If the admins feel like you should need more than 1 RP point to buy it, they can raise it however they feel like. And, I imagine there would be a large amount of people who have the required RP points for it and still be able to use it in an RP situation.
In real life, it takes one good hit to kill a guy with a frickin' cheap crowbar.
-support
Yes but it needs the attack speed nerfed. NO WAY can you swing a crowbar that fast. And let's face it, if you split the use of the crowbar in percentages. Around 1% would be for roleplay whilst the other 99% would be for minging/weapon. It is possible for it to be used as a roleplay device, but if something is used too drastically for something else, then you have to address that issue. And the issue here is the fact almost no-one uses it for roleplay, it is used primarily as a weapon. So let's not get too fanciful here about it's 'potential'.
(08-13-2012, 03:56 AM)SadN3rd Wrote: In real life, it takes one good hit to kill a guy with a frickin' cheap crowbar.
-support

Same for a shotgun but still people get killed by a crowbar cause of it's attack speed and damage. And in real life, you wouldn't see someone rushing in to beat someone up with a crowbar who is carrying a 12 gauge shotgun.