*NEW* Forum Roleplaying game
Forum Role Playing Game

FRPG

I will explain the Idea first[/size]
I would love to create a FRPG But I don't know if people are interested in this. I already have a lot of story ready, rules, characters, I can say the base Game-mode for FRPG is ready.

But before I fully template it in to a forum-thread. I want to know if people are interested in joining this FRPG.

If u have no clue what this is, what I think 95% of the FL members do.
Here is the idea:
I got inspired by "community" of comedy central, one episode of this they are going to play a game called "dungeons and Dragon's"
In this game U make/pick a character. Every character has its own special skills.
One character for example, Does more damage, but can't spreak all languages with leads to when he wants to buy food/armor/weapon he pays more then when u do speak the languages cause u get scammed then. for example a 150% price.

A other character does speak all languages, but doesn't have any bonus stats like Health points, damage, defensive. however cause he know all languages he pays only 75-100% of the market price.

The whole game is story. The game will be leaded by a Game Master (GM) the (GM) Will tell a small story where you will need to react on.
The (GM) can choose to leave a Open reaction or a Closed one. for example:

You walk across the forest, and you see a wounded Globin. the Globin is wielding a brown leather bag around him. You are well know that Globin always have atleast 100 Gold with them.

What is your action?
(this is a open reaction, U can choose for example to walk past him, steal his gold, kill him, and loot everything he has. or what u want)

Option 2:
- Same story-
What is your action:
A- Engage the Wounded Globin and Fight with him
B- Help the wounded Globin
C- Ignore the Globin
( when u get this, u pick A B or C as your action and the (GM) will base a new story on this. when u engaged him for a fight. u can get killed, or u defeat him this is all based on stats what will get explained when I get enough people that want to do this.

when U helped the Wounded Globin -B- It could be a trick which will lead to a fight or He thanks you for helping him, gives your Gold and you get discount when u buy from a Globin vendor.

Ignoring the Globin Would lead mostly to nothing, perhaps a second small story where he ask for your attention.

That is how u mainly play this game.
Every thing u do will be saved and may come handy or not. later in the game. this is "online" So the (GM) can choose that 2 players can find each other in the world. this can lead to be friend, and journey together, or to battle.

your character will Level up, by getting experience. this you will get from killing, questing(beta), or helping.

The higher the level the higher the stats.
Every character starts on level 1.
level 1 stats:
Health: 100
Normal Atk: 8-12 (hands) (*min and max)
armor 100 (reduces damage taken by 10%)

on each level up.
Health + 10
Normal atk+ 2-4 (*min and max)
Armor Need 10 more armor to keep 10%
(* Don't know yet how much)
Armor example: on level 1 - 100 armor will reduces damage with 10%
on level 2 - 100 armor will reduces damage taken with 9%
on level 2 - 110 armor will reduces damage taken with 10%

Max Armor reduces =25%

Every character will be a melee class.
In the game u can find a Bow and arrow, range attack won't involve the battle. for example: when the character with a bow attacks a Wolf on 10 Yard distance. the Wolf can Hit back from the same place.

Okay this was a lot of reading, And I hope u read it all. Please give your opinion about this game. and If u would like to see this on the forum's!

There will be rules etc. a lotCheese

---------------------
well I see enough people like this idea, so I gonna full typ the rules etc now in a new thread.

may be even make a banner? to make it more offical.
this will be a big project for me

just a few thing.

For start I will be the
gamemaster (GM) and make up the story myself.
the time-zone/place will be in a fantasy world in around 900-1300

medieval age.

there are 3 races, ( might be more later)
Human -
Goblin -
Night elf -
-------------------------

all character has to been approved first - u can pick the follow idea for special skills, and description.

Bonus stats - choose 1

The talker speak all languages - can talk with every race ( human, Goblin, Nightelf) may give extra quest, cheaper armor

The half-tongue speak 50% of all languages - can talk to every race, but can't understand fully. may give extra quest, cheaper armor but not as cheap as The talker

The Fighter - base damage is increased, this will allow you to do more damage and wield equipment of up to 2 levels higher.

The Defensive - Base health points increased by 20, and each level health point will be +11 instead of +10

weapon skills choose one.

one- handed Sword damage with swords will bypass armor for 5%

one- handed Mace Damage increased by 3-9

one- handed Axe by pass armor for 2% increases damage 1-4

Bow No arrow's needed to shoot with your bow

two-handed Sword Damage with Two-handed sword will bypass 15% armor

two - handed Mace Damage with Two handed Axe Increased by 5-13

two - handed Axe By passes 4% of the armor, with a damage increase of 3-6

Shield Increase Armor gaining from shield by 300%

Racial Skills - Comes with Race

Human - Damage with Sword's increase by 2-3

Goblin - Will always get the best price from vendors - will need to understand the language- for at least 50%

Night elf - Can fade in the shadow - being in invisible but can't move.

Setting up your character
Side note- If u think u got idea's for my like story/skills/race or something Please send this in a Private message to meSmile

If u wan't u may start making your character already.
U can fill it in yourself using your imagination.

It does has to need at least this kind of information.
This is all IC - Nothing OCC will be named in the official thread expect the first post. that will include rules etc
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Race Racial Skill:[/b] (copy paste)

[b]weapon SKill: [/b] (copy paste)
[b]Bonus skill:[/b]  (copy paste)
------------------------------------------------
[i] Equipment[/i]
Head: Nothing
Neck: nothing
Shoulder: Nothing
Chest: Robe - Armor 2
Wrist: Nothing
Waist: Simple waist - Armor 2
Legs: Nothing
Feet: Simple Boots - Armor 2

Main-Hand - Rusty one-handed  sword - 1-3 damage
Off hand - Rusty Shield - 10 Armor

[b][Character Info][/b] (small back story - not needed but I pref you do.)

This is your character, Do Not change Equipment! The equipment U see in the code is starters gear During your journey U find better gear When u pick/loot it the Game Master (GM) Will ask u if u want to put it in your inventory or equip it. When u equip it U may change it with the name of your new item. In the correct slot - with this you write the name - armor - and Bonus stats in Green #32CD32

If u wan't your own race/character U can make a full character like in the code.
but the thing u wan't new
I want the following explained:

Why
Story-info( self made story how this can fit in the game)
Back story ( your character back story - needed
Like why is your character on journey )
Racial/Bonus skills - May not be to Over Powered ( OP) U can try to make them yourself But keep it mainstream.

Your Character Code will be placed in top of every new Reply.

after that there will be your next move, under that a explanation ( if needed)

You need to type in the way your character think's

So don't say.

Morgan Freeman, walk to the forest.

but for example:
Morgan Freeman, Looks around him self, wielding its heavy armor. and see's something moving in the forest south of him. He decide to go to the forest to check it out. and leaves the dusty road were he was walking on.

--------------------------
Fighting System
Engage a fight.

Fight's Against Npc's such as monster Will be decided by the (GM) how much damage each will do based on your weapon/skills/armor and the level of npc you are fighting,

Fight's against other player's.

Damage will be based on rolling, with a rolling application on internet
This will give a random number between the damage u can make
for idea:
You are wielding 2 hand sword that can do 8-15 damage, Your racial skills allows you to do 1-3 more damage with sword

and u can bypass 15% armor.

The following math I will take is
counting all damage up. so
8-15 + 1-3 = 9-18

The application will now role between 9-18

when its turn out for example to 15
You will hit 15 on him.
Your enemy has 17% armor.
This allows him to take lesser damage, but u can bypass 15%
with will leads to 2% armor left.

so 15-2%= your final manged against the target.

This basically the fighting system
I like it, basically a RPG game but on the forum. It's an good idea if you ask me Tounge
The following 1 user Likes Rain999's post:
  • Cherryberry
Hell yeah I'm up for this. And did you mean Goblin*? Tounge
Nah, but it sounds good, a lot of work but clearly you've put in the effort.
Can I work on the story Tounge?
I have participated in 1000-page fourm RP before but...

My character ended up being a military-commander, Bat-man esque (Both parents are dead and always wears a balaclava and hood), Lesbian (In-love with one of HER generals)

Yea.
Sounds kinky... Wink
Is anyone still interested in this, If so I can make work of this...