2nd Amendment
(01-14-2013, 04:13 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote:
(01-13-2013, 05:48 AM)rockyrebel Wrote: I see a problem with the fact that assult rifles are availible for purchase. Now if your a hunter or "redneck" it's understandable that you own a few rifles that are not fully automatic, and maybe a shotgun, but the need for a fully automatic weapon such as the assult rifle used in the colorado shooting is unessary not even for home protection. yes i am american if that matters any.

[Image: 0bf.gif]

Look at this before you attempt to debate!

Also... Two pages ago... Just two pages ago, I posted why it's near impossible to purchase an automatic firearm and you completely ignored it, and posted some MSNBC shit.

Thank you for helping me pinpoint Feinstein's flaws.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
I support the 2nd amendment right to bear arms. The way I look at it is simple. If guns were illegal, would that stop criminals from using them? No. It might make it a little harder for them to get a gun, but just like drugs and human trafficking, they will remain regardless of what measures the law takes. I do not support people killing one another, but guns are really just another tool. They are used for sport and survival. People aren't the only things people shoot. Being a potentially soon to be retired soldier, I will have guns weather I'm allowed or not honestly. I don't see it as "omg I'm a badass I do what I want." It's my personal belief that the patriots of old used them to make us what we are today and dispite our government giving you the rose colored glasses, I know that if our country were attacked a military response wouldn't be nearly as effective as many would think. We train to attack and defend other countries. When is the last time we had to defend our own? Lets use the twin tower event. We have air units with the sole mission of taking down hostile aircraft within minutes of them diverting from their plotted course. We have missle systems that could deal with it as well as other anti aircraft resources. Granted this case might not be great due to the speculation of said event, however regardless of whatever the case may be, we failed to defend what was ours. Take a look at the current public military engagements we have. Middle eastern warfare will not help us in our urban environments. Our troops are taught to sweep buildings on a small scale, however think of attempting to remove a ground threat from a small city. One marine in a bell tower proved with a dated rifle would have a lot of trouble dealing with a threat. We did co-op training in germany in their urban environment and proved once again that in conventional warfare we were not up to par with nearly any military group involved. The Brits and the Germans however were more then able to play in the towns and cities with effective results, inflicting massive simulated causulties on each other with minimal losses of their own, both against each other as well as the allies on their respective teams.

Closing points. I support the right to bear arms for it will be the citizens that will have to stand up to defend this country in case of military defeat. I do believe there should be a system to monitor and regulate who should be allowed to own guns based on intelligence and psychological testing. I do not believe that having PTSD automatically should remove your right to bear arms as most cases of post traumatic stress are non violent and should be handled on a case by case basis. I think we need to raise the penalty for law violators involved in firearm related crimes. The amount of weapons one can own without a permit should be controlled and they need to set up a much better system for tracking who buys/sells/owns which weapons and keep better accountiblity on the gun dealers and their transactions. If you think as a clerk at a gun store that someone purchasing a massive amount of ammunition without some form of supporting document with stamp, press, and signatures isn't up to something other then hunting, perhaps you shouldn't be a gun clerk in the first place. Same should be said for weapons. In your point the guy bought 4 guns and a few thousand rounds. Why didn't the clerk alert someone to this transaction? Because he doesn't HAVE to. That is something we should fix.

Now to take the time to address some of the things in this thread that I saw.
Bear with me I'm not sure how to quote so I will do so using copy and paste manual entries.

Nevinator: "Yeah and when our system becomes corrupt, we cannot stand against it." - The system has been corrupt for a few years now. It has put into effect a few acts that completely override the constitution. This hasn't proved to be a threat as of yet. However something you should you choose to fight back. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_De..._Year_2012

Again like many have said, guns do not kill people, people kill people." - Good quote however it's more of an excuse to some then a fact. People decide when to kill, the tool they use however determines how much conviction or courage they need, guns taking the least of both.

Dylan: "You do know that in most, if not every democratic countries, there are measures taken to make sure that that will never happen. That is why we have representatives, senators, and elections." - I'm not sure what country your from or how much attention you pay to the US elections and laws. George W. Bush elections had recounts that proved voter fraud was commited yet he was put into office anyway on both of his terms. In some cases people were even caught burning voter ballets. The machines used for voting also had "glitches" that would set your vote to another person if you selected other people. Here is a video example of Obama vs Romney. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiLiJ2grkr8

"That is just a blatant lie, and it is obvious you pay no attention to facts when you state something. And the homeowner is far more likely to get himself killed if he starts pulling a gun on robbers, than he is saving his property. That and the burglar would have a much harder time getting a gun if they were outlawed." - I could currently buy a fully automatic AK for about 700-1000 bucks in at least 4 different states in some of the most secure locations. This is a fact. MS-13 sells them in Washington D.C. average asking price is 1300 currently. Granted there are risks involved in dealing with this specific group, the point remains. If there is a demand, there is always a supply, if the demand is great enough, the supply will increase.

Slick Rick: "You honestly think Senators and Presidents are on your side lol? Fox news has got you pretty good. George Bush Sr. himself blatantly talked about a New World Order on TV, WHILE being president. Our dollar bill has the All Seeing Eye on it, and under it in latin reads "A New Secular Order"." Glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed. When I get out of the military I would like to talk to you about this rabbit hole and see how far you've gone. Currently unable to comment.

Blackdog: "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun - Mao Zedong" - This man is educated. Sorry to snip your post but an extremely good reply overall.

Worldwidecoffee: "Why do you think i posted who gives a shit?
Because FL will NEVER be able to argue points with civility and respect.
I knew this was the problem thread the moment i saw it." - Even if the user group doesn't wish to discuss things civilly, adding to it only supports it. Personally I believe that if you've nothing of meaning to add to the topic, perhaps you shouldn't post. That is MY belief.

Wiseguy: "Well, even if you all agree or disagree on that it should be removed or not removed, what difference would it make?
It's not like the US government would go to http://www.fearlessrp.net to see what our opinion is." - http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/top-374-ke...tors/78417 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_ce...ted_States http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-5746995...t-control/ Not saying your wrong that they don't, just don't think the can't or wouldn't.

I'm stopping for now. As I was browsing though I saw a post about america that made me laugh and offended me at the same time. Sir Dongcopter I love that you posted it, but just don't think all of us are like that.
User has been warned for this post. Reason: Offensive post
Ok you sir are a dumbass if you wars against the second amendment. If you haven't realized something einstein, drugs are illegal. Yet the drug addicts still get weed. Making guns illegal will have the good citizens away from them and the murderers have easy access to killing when they get a gun. Once again, heroin is illegal, but people still get the stuff. And I love the fact that shootings happen everyday, yet when its a school shooting, everyone goes apeshit and says, " DURHH, LET'S BAN6BY DA GUNS." Banning guns is not the solution, and when hostile countries find out that guns are banned from citizens, the freaking country will end up like half life 2, you liberal shit.
(01-15-2013, 04:48 PM)G3n3r1cG4t0r48 Wrote: Ok you sir are a dumbass if you wars against the second amendment. If you haven't realized something einstein, drugs are illegal. Yet the drug addicts still get weed. Making guns illegal will have the good citizens away from them and the murderers have easy access to killing when they get a gun. Once again, heroin is illegal, but people still get the stuff. And I love the fact that shootings happen everyday, yet when its a school shooting, everyone goes apeshit and says, " DURHH, LET'S BAN DA GUNS." Banning guns is not the solution, and when hostile countries find out that guns are banned from citizens, the freaking country will end up like half life 2, you liberal shit.

That post stank of useless, mundane and disrespectful content. If you cannot put your point across without profanity or insulting someone else, don't do it at all. Also, how is being a 'liberal shit' anything bad? Many of the people arguing FOR the 2nd amendment are liberal themselves. Personally, when I first heard about all this I wondered 'Why on Earth would anyone need these guns?' due to my personal experience of never needing them or using them. Throughout the course of the thread I have been enlightened in the mindset of those who wield weapons, the truth behind the clear propaganda of 'assault weapons' and also the perfectly valid arguments for the 2nd amendment.

Also, user warned for disrespect.
The following 2 users Like Adman's post:
  • Toxic, Old Man Jokhah
(01-15-2013, 04:51 PM)Adman Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 04:48 PM)G3n3r1cG4t0r48 Wrote: Ok you sir are a dumbass if you wars against the second amendment. If you haven't realized something einstein, drugs are illegal. Yet the drug addicts still get weed. Making guns illegal will have the good citizens away from them and the murderers have easy access to killing when they get a gun. Once again, heroin is illegal, but people still get the stuff. And I love the fact that shootings happen everyday, yet when its a school shooting, everyone goes apeshit and says, " DURHH, LET'S BAN DA GUNS." Banning guns is not the solution, and when hostile countries find out that guns are banned from citizens, the freaking country will end up like half life 2, you liberal shit.

That post stank of useless, mundane and disrespectful content. If you cannot put your point across without profanity or insulting someone else, don't do it at all. Also, how is being a 'liberal shit' anything bad? Many of the people arguing FOR the 2nd amendment are liberal themselves. Personally, when I first heard about all this I wondered 'Why on Earth would anyone need these guns?' due to my personal experience of never needing them or using them. Throughout the course of the thread I have been enlightened in the mindset of those who wield weapons, the truth behind the clear propaganda of 'assault weapons' and also the perfectly valid arguments for the 2nd amendment.

well you are most likely never going to need them and pray you don't need to use it on someone, but there is nothing bad about being prepared. Also, if you are a liberal living in America, get out.
(01-15-2013, 04:56 PM)G3n3r1cG4t0r48 Wrote: Also, if you are a liberal living in America, get out.

lib·er·al
/ˈlib(ə)rəl/
Adjective
Open to new behaviour or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.

Why would you not want to be liberal?
http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=liberal&sub...CHD=Search
this may look good, but the way liberals act in America, its not.
(01-15-2013, 04:51 PM)Adman Wrote: That post stank of useless, mundane and disrespectful content. If you cannot put your point across without profanity or insulting someone else, don't do it at all. Also, how is being a 'liberal shit' anything bad? Many of the people arguing FOR the 2nd amendment are liberal themselves. Personally, when I first heard about all this I wondered 'Why on Earth would anyone need these guns?' due to my personal experience of never needing them or using them. Throughout the course of the thread I have been enlightened in the mindset of those who wield weapons, the truth behind the clear propaganda of 'assault weapons' and also the perfectly valid arguments for the 2nd amendment.

Libertarian, but same basic concept.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
(01-15-2013, 07:32 PM)Toxic Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 04:51 PM)Adman Wrote: That post stank of useless, mundane and disrespectful content. If you cannot put your point across without profanity or insulting someone else, don't do it at all. Also, how is being a 'liberal shit' anything bad? Many of the people arguing FOR the 2nd amendment are liberal themselves. Personally, when I first heard about all this I wondered 'Why on Earth would anyone need these guns?' due to my personal experience of never needing them or using them. Throughout the course of the thread I have been enlightened in the mindset of those who wield weapons, the truth behind the clear propaganda of 'assault weapons' and also the perfectly valid arguments for the 2nd amendment.

Libertarian, but same basic concept.

are you saying a liberal is the same as a libertarian.
(01-15-2013, 05:29 PM)Adman Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 04:56 PM)G3n3r1cG4t0r48 Wrote: Also, if you are a liberal living in America, get out.

lib·er·al
/ˈlib(ə)rəl/
Adjective
Open to new behaviour or opinions and willing to discard traditional values.

Why would you not want to be liberal?

Depends on how far you take your liberalism IMO

If you're liberal toward things like changing the Bill of Rights, you can GTFO the States