2nd Amendment
If it makes any correlation Adman, I'll explain.

Full-Auto Weapons, have been restricted by atleast three acts in the United States, namely: Hughes Amendment 1986, NFA 1934, and GCA 1968.
Each of these acts have played roles in restricting automatic firearms for the die hard collectors, and use of such firearms in crime is minimal. Just to give you an idea here... Ever since NFA 1934, was enacted, only two murders have happened with full-automatic weapons. One of which involved a police informant killing a drug dealer.
Semi-Automatic Weapons, have been labeled left and right by the media to be capable of 'burst firing' or 'full automatic firing' this isn't true by any means. Semi-Automatic means one trigger pull, one bullet. As of the moment[and as the video said], Semi-Automatic Rifles only account for roughly 2% of the overall firearm murders in the United States.
The things which commit the most murders in the United States is handguns, shotguns,and lever action rifles.
In most of the attacks where the media constantly shouts 'semi-automatic weapons!' they probably mean handguns.
Tucson? Glocks
Virgina Tech? Glocks
Columbine? Already illegal Tec-9, illegal shotgun[sawn off], and handguns.
Newtown? Two handguns, semi-auto rifle which only had one magazine, and shotgun[which wasn't used]

Yeah, semi-auto rifles can screw shit up badly, but the hugest issue is shotguns/handguns. Problem is though, you can't restrict those even, because tons of hunters use them.
(12-30-2012, 11:14 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: -snip-

I think people seriously underestimate shotguns due to videogames. Buckshot and even birdshot rounds are both devastating (way more than even a fully-auto rifle IMO) and you have to be seriously retarded to miss, even at long ranges
(07-22-2012, 06:10 PM)StillAlive Wrote: Why is "People will always kill people, the prefered weapon doesn't matter" an argument?

Yes, of course people will always kill. That's how we've survived through history. My point is just that firearms makes it that much easier. How can you kill 80 people with a knife on an island? How can you do it with a car or a hammer? Everything is easier with a gun compared to melee or other dangerous tools.

Now I am not trying to start a flame war or anything, just to make sure you know it. I'm just a curious guy from Europe who would like to know, why you love those damn guns so much? We are talking about a whole different civilisation than the european one, which is exactly why it makes me wonder.

Thats what I ask on the Fearless servers everyday hehe
I see a problem with the fact that assult rifles are availible for purchase. Now if your a hunter or "redneck" it's understandable that you own a few rifles that are not fully automatic, and maybe a shotgun, but the need for a fully automatic weapon such as the assult rifle used in the colorado shooting is unessary not even for home protection. yes i am american if that matters any.
(01-13-2013, 05:48 AM)rockyrebel Wrote: I see a problem with the fact that assult rifles are availible for purchase. Now if your a hunter or "redneck" it's understandable that you own a few rifles that are not fully automatic, and maybe a shotgun, but the need for a fully automatic weapon such as the assult rifle used in the colorado shooting is unessary not even for home protection. yes i am american if that matters any.

From what I have gathered, no-one claims to use fully automatic rifles for protection anyway as I have been told they're illegal.
(01-13-2013, 11:31 AM)Adman Wrote:
(01-13-2013, 05:48 AM)rockyrebel Wrote: I see a problem with the fact that assult rifles are availible for purchase. Now if your a hunter or "redneck" it's understandable that you own a few rifles that are not fully automatic, and maybe a shotgun, but the need for a fully automatic weapon such as the assult rifle used in the colorado shooting is unessary not even for home protection. yes i am american if that matters any.

From what I have gathered, no-one claims to use fully automatic rifles for protection anyway as I have been told they're illegal.

This. They're very hard to obtain even if you are able to in your state, and don't mind dropping a few thousand bucks

[Image: 0bf.gif]

Look at this before you attempt to debate!

Also... Two pages ago... Just two pages ago, I posted why it's near impossible to purchase an automatic firearm and you completely ignored it, and posted some MSNBC shit.
The following 1 user Likes Joey Skylynx's post:
  • Toxic
Honestly, would it be THAT hard to simply ban every weapon available excluding handguns? No, I'm not a hunter, so I may not have whatever feelings the rednecks have for their rifles, but is it such a problem to just eat the domestic meat sold in stores? I'm almost certain the human race can live off of cattle and poultry. Just one guy's opinion, and with that, I'll leave.

(In all honesty, if I had the power to decide, only Federal Officers would be allowed to possess firearms.)
3 Million AR-15's are circulating in the United States. Most of which in civilian hands.
Hitler took the guns, Stalin took the guns, Mao took the guns and Castro took the guns. Anyone else see a pattern?