2nd Amendment
Okay I'm going to state my point. What's the point in guns, why fight when we can just all be friends... Why can't we be friends? Ooohh... Why can't we be friends?
(12-27-2012, 07:21 AM)MattyG56 Wrote: Okay I'm going to state my point. What's the point in guns, why fight when we can just all be friends... Why can't we be friends? Ooohh... Why can't we be friends?

Though this looked lik it was quoting a song.

Some idiots think that everyong should believe in the same thing they do. I called them idiots because it is a rather stupid way to think.
(12-27-2012, 07:16 AM)Noob saibot Wrote: Here is the simplest way i can explain why the founding fathers wrote this.

Back then the weapons they had took 50 years to reload and were completely inaccurate. They never thought ahead or expected us to get Semi-automatics or even automatics.
I don't even think they had the idea of making Magazines or clips for their weapons.

I can go on for hours about this but that is the simplest way =D
My favorite quote...
Quote:Jintorn 1 year ago
"I don't get why people continue to assume ancient peoples were stupid. Technologies have been gained and lost over and over throughout history. They may or may not have used this method - but it makes a lot more sense than hundreds of people pulling on ropes. Look at us today - if there is an easier way to do something we will find it - no one wants to work harder than they "have" to."
Hopefully we may see a ban on the 'big' killing machines. I'd be fine having pistols but AK47's up for almost anyone to buy? No, not too keen on that idea.
Regards,
aviator
(12-29-2012, 10:25 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: -Video Snip-

If true, seems like an unneeded blanket sweep, anything with a detatchable mag that "could" be made to hold more than 10 rounds listed as an assault rifle?

What sense does that make?
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
So if they were to ban the actual assault rifles rather than what they call assault rifles which are really sporting rifles, would people be fine with that?
(12-30-2012, 11:25 AM)Adman Wrote: So if they were to ban the actual assault rifles rather than what they call assault rifles which are really sporting rifles, would people be fine with that?

You mean like AKs/M16s etc? That's fine, but considering fully autos are already illegal I don't see the point other than maybe very slightly decreasing the amount of guns that are in circulation?

edit: What I mean by that is, once you take away an AK-47s fully-auto feature, it's basically as useful as a semi-auto hunting rifle, so what's the point in banning them?
(12-30-2012, 07:31 PM)Slick Rick Wrote:
(12-30-2012, 11:25 AM)Adman Wrote: So if they were to ban the actual assault rifles rather than what they call assault rifles which are really sporting rifles, would people be fine with that?

You mean like AKs/M16s etc? That's fine, but considering fully autos are already illegal I don't see the point other than maybe very slightly decreasing the amount of guns that are in circulation?

edit: What I mean by that is, once you take away an AK-47s fully-auto feature, it's basically as useful as a semi-auto hunting rifle, so what's the point in banning them?

Hmm, I wasn't aware full autos were already illegal. Seems the definition of assault weapon is mixed up here. Still, I don't know what sort of weapons are used in these attacks. Full auto, semi-automatic, pistol etc.
(12-30-2012, 10:23 PM)Adman Wrote:
(12-30-2012, 07:31 PM)Slick Rick Wrote:

Hmm, I wasn't aware full autos were already illegal. Seems the definition of assault weapon is mixed up here. Still, I don't know what sort of weapons are used in these attacks. Full auto, semi-automatic, pistol etc.

You have to jump through about as many hoops to get a fully-auto weapon here as you do in EU to get any kind of gun, so I mean they aren't TOTALLY illegal, but hard and expensive to get

And I'm not sure either really, I know handguns were involved in the school shooting, and a rifle of some sort IIRC

But yea, fully autos are a no go here