2nd Amendment
There have been attacks in China, the UK and even here in my old High School a guy walked in with a Katana (Samurai sword), and threatened to kill someone. He didn't though. Anyway I just want to point out that if in these places (China, UK, Spain, etc) they actually had guns the death toll would be a LOT higher than it is, since you can run from a man with a knife or a machete, but not from a gun/rifle.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
The following 1 user Likes Holdem's post:
  • aviator
(12-23-2012, 03:38 PM)Holdem Wrote: There have been attacks in China, the UK and even here in my old High School a guy walked in with a Katana (Samurai sword), and threatened to kill someone. He didn't though. Anyway I just want to point out that if in these places (China, UK, Spain, etc) they actually had guns the death toll would be a LOT higher than it is, since you can run from a man with a knife or a machete, but not from a gun/rifle.

You can run away with someone with a gun, I don't understand your point there. If you run away from a guy with a gun though you might get hit with a throwing knife.
(12-23-2012, 03:59 PM)DarkSider Wrote:
(12-23-2012, 03:38 PM)Holdem Wrote: There have been attacks in China, the UK and even here in my old High School a guy walked in with a Katana (Samurai sword), and threatened to kill someone. He didn't though. Anyway I just want to point out that if in these places (China, UK, Spain, etc) they actually had guns the death toll would be a LOT higher than it is, since you can run from a man with a knife or a machete, but not from a gun/rifle.

You can run away with someone with a gun, I don't understand your point there. If you run away from a guy with a gun though you might get hit with a throwing knife.

If you run away from a gun, he would just kill you, guns are longer range, knives are close range, if you run from a knife, most likely, it won't kill you; run from a gun, he can just shoot it straight and you back and your dead. That is how you can not run from a gun.
Regards,
aviator
The thing is, we already have more guns than people in the US.

If you just outright ban guns, criminals who already have illegal firearms and can get them when they want, are still going to commit deadly crimes with them.

Guns are still always going to be here is my point, and to tell citizens "Well criminals are gonna have guns illegally still, but law abiding citizens wont be able to have them to defend themselves" is a wrong approach.
And I can't overstate my opinion on this...

Any one can make an firearm, you get an piece of metal from an local junk yard or just melt down some rail-road nails and you can make a gun.
(12-23-2012, 10:13 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: And I can't overstate my opinion on this...

Any one can make an firearm, you get an piece of metal from an local junk yard or just melt down some rail-road nails and you can make a gun.

What a good argument. /sarcasm
Okay let me make an more respectful arguement.

Making
Guns
Is
Piss
Easy

I can honestly keep going with providing guides I've accumulated over the years for personal education, but I'll let an image speak for itself...

[Image: 610x.jpg]
Made by hand... Been done since the Late 1800's. Look up Khyber Pass Copies.

Unless your willing to make an actual argument and can provide some statistics saying otherwise, don't argue.
Also may I add, I'm really hoping none of you are just going to dance on the graves of children trying to push your agendas.
(12-23-2012, 10:13 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: And I can't overstate my opinion on this...

Bad boy yardies here in England were buying replica weapons and having them converted to fire live rounds.
(12-24-2012, 12:26 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Okay let me make an more respectful arguement.

Making
Guns
Is
Piss
Easy

I can honestly keep going with providing guides I've accumulated over the years for personal education, but I'll let an image speak for itself...

[Image: 610x.jpg]
Made by hand... Been done since the Late 1800's. Look up Khyber Pass Copies.

Unless your willing to make an actual argument and can provide some statistics saying otherwise, don't argue.
Also may I add, I'm really hoping none of you are just going to dance on the graves of children trying to push your agendas.

You seem to know a lot about guns. I'm suspecting that your a professional hit-man. Is your nickname Agent 47?

Anyways. Banning guns = Pointless.

Restricting gun use = Yes.

I don't see the point of outright BANNING the guns. Id prefer if people restrict the gun use. Make some qualifications or something. anyone can just have about 5,000 In their wallet and be like: Welp. Time to buy me a gun. Also, Most of the people who commit these crimes are usually crazy or amped out of their minds on drugs.

Reminds me a bit of Fearless. President bans guns? Most likey someone is gonna bust down his door and kill him.
President Restricts gun use, Or just plain Legalizes it. Everyone lives in perfect harmony.

But i play in V33X. Everything is backwards there.
Here is the simplest way i can explain why the founding fathers wrote this.

Back then the weapons they had took 50 years to reload and were completely inaccurate. They never thought ahead or expected us to get Semi-automatics or even automatics.
I don't even think they had the idea of making Magazines or clips for their weapons.

I can go on for hours about this but that is the simplest way =D