2nd Amendment
(12-22-2012, 10:57 PM)Slick Rick Wrote:
(12-22-2012, 09:15 PM)Holdem Wrote: By stopping the circulation of guns we won't acomplish anything. The only way the US can "Sanitize" it's weapons is by obliging everyone to hand in their weapons that are bigger than a pistol. The US I'm pretty sure keeps a record of all weapons sold and such. If you haven't handed in your weapon by whatever day, police take it by force and fine you.

This, in my opinion, is the only way the US can sanitize it's cities. Sure, there will still be illegal weapons around and it will increase the black market sale of these automatic weapons... But still, I'm pretty sure 10% of automatic-semiautomatic rifles is better than 100%.

Just my two cents.

Not really the "Land of the Free" anymore if the government can force us to hand in things that we own.

They should/can always issue a "Compensation" fund for this. Anyway if you let people be free and do whatever they want, more lives will be lost. The USA is the only country in which these types of shootings occur... And it seems it happens more and more often. Highschool massacre, the cinema massacre, then a school massacre... Several shootouts. To be honest I would rather live in a country in which you aren't allowed to have a firearm than one in which you are, even if I'm carrying my gun around.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
The following 1 user Likes Holdem's post:
  • Nyxeify
(12-22-2012, 11:01 PM)Holdem Wrote:
(12-22-2012, 10:57 PM)Slick Rick Wrote:
(12-22-2012, 09:15 PM)Holdem Wrote: By stopping the circulation of guns we won't acomplish anything. The only way the US can "Sanitize" it's weapons is by obliging everyone to hand in their weapons that are bigger than a pistol. The US I'm pretty sure keeps a record of all weapons sold and such. If you haven't handed in your weapon by whatever day, police take it by force and fine you.

This, in my opinion, is the only way the US can sanitize it's cities. Sure, there will still be illegal weapons around and it will increase the black market sale of these automatic weapons... But still, I'm pretty sure 10% of automatic-semiautomatic rifles is better than 100%.

Just my two cents.

Not really the "Land of the Free" anymore if the government can force us to hand in things that we own.

They should/can always issue a "Compensation" fund for this. Anyway if you let people be free and do whatever they want, more lives will be lost. The USA is the only country in which these types of shootings occur... And it seems it happens more and more often. Highschool massacre, the cinema massacre, then a school massacre... Several shootouts. To be honest I would rather live in a country in which you aren't allowed to have a firearm than one in which you are, even if I'm carrying my gun around.
Well yeah... There's a lot of places with very high crime/homicide rates in the US, like Chicago (guns are banned here, and it is the #1 crime and homicide rate in the US) and places like LA (strict gun laws). But if you go to states with loose gun laws (Arizona, New Mexico, Texas etc.) Crime is actually fairly low and guns are used in self/home-defense more often than offense.
[Image: image001.png]
A few viewpoints regarding the outcome of the Newtown shooting:

1. Take a lesson from Switzerland.

2. They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

3. Less access to weapons like the AR-15.

4. Better mental health care in the US.

5. More secure schools. Anything from a school cop to security checkpoints like such at Central American schools. Both are fucking expensive.

6. No guns in a family household.

(I'm also going to go ahead and say that violent videogames/movies aren't the problem and people should stop using them as a scapegoat.)
China is an example of a country heavily regulated by gun control laws.

But look at this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_atta...80%932011)

In the space of two years.
(12-23-2012, 09:46 AM)Adman Wrote: China is an example of a country heavily regulated by gun control laws.

But look at this

Surely that is inevitable. Especially looking at their high population, crime would be a lot higher.
Regards,
aviator
(12-23-2012, 10:09 AM)Aviator Wrote:
(12-23-2012, 09:46 AM)Adman Wrote: China is an example of a country heavily regulated by gun control laws.

But look at this

Surely that is inevitable. Especially looking at their high population, crime would be a lot higher.

No, it is about specific school attacks not general crime rates...
lol all this is about one damn school. There had been plenty of school shooting in USA.
I can't be arsed to read 12 pages of debates, but this is my opinion:

Small hand-pistols should be allowed for self defense, on private property. You need a gun license too.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
(12-23-2012, 12:34 PM)Adman Wrote:
(12-23-2012, 10:09 AM)Aviator Wrote:

But look at this

No, it is about specific school attacks not general crime rates...

Ok. Well, school attacks and other horrific crimes will occur. Having laws such as the second amendment just make it that much easy, in my opinion. The U.K has had a few school attacks even with our gun laws in place. No matter what laws there will be loopholes or someone who finds a way to get a gun or anything else to break the law. The question is more about the ease of how it can be achieved and having no or little gun control laws makes it very easy, and obviously, stricter rules and harsher punishments made it harder and to deter some people, however, with mentally ill people the punishment won't deter them, they will just do the crime and pay the time, only just that time will be shorter.
Regards,
aviator