2nd Amendment
At Skylynx (because I am too lazy to edit that wall for one point)

Pepper spray does not go away after "a few seconds", that would be immensely ignorant to assume. You are aware that it has the potential to blind people, right? It's not just something they shrug off, they literally lie on the floor screaming in pain, scratching their eyes out. And if they are just enraged, they can hardly see enough to know where you are.

"Yet most of them just switch over to long bladed knives which are also illegal. So now the law-abiding populace is weakened to having no tools while the ones which are illegally using tools become more destructive."

Pepper spray, as Faustie said.

"And as any other tool they are easy to produce and manufacture. I still don't understand your fear for firearms."
Missing the point, he said this tool's sole purpose is to kill, which is definitely something to fear, in my opinion.

"Entertainment? Understanding the mechanics of a firearm? Waging Guerilla Warfare and causing the government the lose the hearts and minds of the people? "
You do know the chances of US going totalitarian is incredibly small, right? Not because of the "Oh my gawd some people have guns", because despite what you think, I doubt the US government would give more than 2 shits, about what a redneck has in his cupboard. There are measures taken into place, that make sure no person can have ultimate power, it was an issue in 1776, it isn't an issue anymore. It's hardly an excuse.
The following 1 user Likes Dylan's post:
  • Nyxeify
dude all your doing is straw manning.. if were going to have a discussion please stop straw-manning...
(08-06-2012, 04:08 AM)richardhammond Wrote: dude all your doing is straw manning.. if were going to have a discussion please stop straw-manning...

I am attacking your arguments, if that is "straw-manning" then your arguments are fallacious. That is how I argue, I don't really give an argument myself, I more or less try to attack other's arguments (which as you can see is almost the only thing I have done in this thread so far).
Dude. Quit calling every fucking gun owner a redneck.
(08-06-2012, 05:06 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Dude. Quit calling every freaking gun owner a redneck.

I didn't, I said that the government wouldn't care about a redneck's guns in his cupboard.

To be exact, "redneck" is a term for a hard worker. It was a person who would work outside in the sun all day, and therefore would get a red neck.
(08-06-2012, 05:27 AM)Dylan Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 05:06 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Dude. Quit calling every freaking gun owner a redneck.

I didn't, I said that the government wouldn't care about a redneck's guns in his cupboard.

To be exact, "redneck" is a term for a hard worker. It was a person who would work outside in the sun all day, and therefore would get a red neck.

Sorry for the rash jump... Just I've had people actually call me a redneck for owning firearms.
To be honest, no matter how heated this has gotten I have really enjoyed reading through this thread. Keep it up guys. Except for richardhammond... I'm glad Dylan stepped in when he did...
Dylan, are you from the USA?
(08-06-2012, 10:53 AM)Slick Rick Wrote: Dylan, are you from the USA?

Maybe I am maybe I am not, why?
(08-06-2012, 11:37 AM)Dylan Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 10:53 AM)Slick Rick Wrote: Dylan, are you from the USA?

Maybe I am maybe I am not, why?

Just curious. But with that answer I'll assume no.