2nd Amendment
From what i hear, police in parts of Europe are patrolling the streets as full blown s.w.a.t. This is not the case in America because more homes have guns in them than not, Americans don't need babysitters.
^And I heard that all americans are fat. Wait, not everyone are?
#just because you heard it, doesn't mean its true.

On topic, our police in norway doesn't carry firearms.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(12-20-2012, 02:07 PM)DarkSider Wrote: From what i hear, police in parts of Europe are patrolling the streets as full blown s.w.a.t. This is not the case in America because more homes have guns in them than not, Americans don't need babysitters.

Umm I don't believe that is happening anywhere developed that I know of...

In fact, it has always been the other way around. U.S cops have always been more heavily armed than typical U.K officers for example. Perhaps you've seen images from Spain or Greece where there have been riots due to the European economy?
(12-20-2012, 02:57 PM)Adman Wrote:
(12-20-2012, 02:07 PM)DarkSider Wrote: From what i hear, police in parts of Europe are patrolling the streets as full blown s.w.a.t. This is not the case in America because more homes have guns in them than not, Americans don't need babysitters.

Umm I don't believe that is happening anywhere developed that I know of...

In fact, it has always been the other way around. U.S cops have always been more heavily armed than typical U.K officers for example. Perhaps you've seen images from Spain or Greece where there have been riots due to the European economy?

My dad went to Europe and saw lots of police heavily armed patrolling the streets.

(12-20-2012, 02:35 PM)Doctor_Enzyme Wrote: ^And I heard that all americans are fat. Wait, not everyone are?
#just because you heard it, doesn't mean its true.

On topic, our police in norway doesn't carry firearms.

What I said was "in parts of Europe".
I've been ignored :C

[Image: atlRH.jpg]
Are fully automatic weapons available?
And what if your kids get hold of the gun?...
(12-20-2012, 10:08 PM)Adman Wrote: Are fully automatic weapons available?
In the United States you can own a fully automatic firearm if you go through the following.

- $200 Tax Stamp for Fully Automatic Weapon[NFA 34']
- Upwards of $5,000+, to purchase an Pre-1986 fully automatic firearm. [Hughes Amendment(1986) prevents any registration of Fully-Automatics after 1986]
- Roughly $1000+ for transfer fees between private sellers.

Bumpfire platforms such as Slidefire Solutions, Hellfire Triggers, and otherwise exist to make weapons pseudo-automatic, but you'll have to replace your barrels/receivers because semi-automatics really can't be converted to full-automatic.

trouser Wrote:And what if your kids get hold of the gun?...
Hasn't been an issue for me yet. I was brought up/trained with firearms when I was six years old, I've done the same for my niece/nephew. They understand not to go near my firearms, and touch them and I have locks on them/
What these people don't understand.

Guns were made to kill, not to use in self defense. If you want to defend yourselves, you should be looking into a non lethal weapon, such as pepper spray or Mace, a bat or a tazer, in the UK all of these items are illegal.

Banning guns won't increase Black Market sales, maybe only a little but it would certainly decrease the homicidal rate from lethal weapons.

(12-20-2012, 10:41 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote:
trouser Wrote:And what if your kids get hold of the gun?...
Hasn't been an issue for me yet. I was brought up/trained with firearms when I was six years old, I've done the same for my niece/nephew. They understand not to go near my firearms, and touch them and I have locks on them/
I find that shocking, trained to use a firearm at six, out right disgusting. You should be playing with balls and toys maybe even toy guns but not guns.

The law is out dated and not needed, Obama is looking into something I believe to cut down and limit guns further.

Look at the UK, our cops don't even have a tazer, let alone a pistol, this is because in the UK there are far less lethal weapons in circulation. The best weapon an average citizen can get the hands on are kitchen knives or machetes.

The guns are clearly not needed and the law is, in my opinion, redundant.
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • Nyxeify
Quote:What these people don't understand.

Guns were made to kill, not to use in self defense. If you want to defend yourselves, you should be looking into a non lethal weapon, such as pepper spray or Mace, a bat or a tazer, in the UK all of these items are illegal.

Banning guns won't increase Black Market sales, maybe only a little but it would certainly decrease the homicidal rate from lethal weapons.
All the things you listed as non-lethal have been noted for taking lifes on multiple occasions, but I see where you are going.
Self defense is situated on the moment of the incident, and the tool used in such incident is not an matter of debate. The right to self-defense, and defense of one's property is an unalienable right and having firearms for the respect isn't against the law by any means.
In respect of the Black Market comment... Any estimation of the black market is situated on just that. Estimations. You can't have any form of suited arguement in an black market debate until the damage is already done, and in the cases of the United States with something like the Assault Weapon Ban of 1994, we've got roughly three criminal study groups which have provided that the AWB does jackshit.

Also just to add an little respect to the debate. Several things have purely existed to kill one another, our species isn't exactly keen on the whole, 'only one thing can be made to kill something'

Quote:I find that shocking, trained to use a firearm at six, out right disgusting. You should be playing with balls and toys maybe even toy guns but not guns.
I use to hunt pigeons/seagulls which did damage to my father's workshop back in NY with an high powered pellet rifle[about 23 Ft/p or 1200 FPS]. I was also set to inherit a 9mm Handgun at the age of 18, but we sold that as I left NY when I was nine.
In all respects, I grew up fishing and hunting. It's just how I choose to live.

Quote:The law is out dated and not needed, Obama is looking into something I believe to cut down and limit guns further.
The 2nd Amendment was intertwined with the Bill of Rights, something which has actually statue upon it, and can't be revoked.

Quote:Look at the UK, our cops don't even have a tazer, let alone a pistol, this is because in the UK there are far less lethal weapons in circulation. The best weapon an average citizen can get the hands on are kitchen knives or machetes.
And that can still some pretty nasty damage. Machetes alone were primarily used as military weapons up until the 60's. Hell the US Army Rangers still use them as secondary weapons for christ sake.

Quote:The guns are clearly not needed and the law is, in my opinion, redundant.
Yet do you have any example of how the government is going to magically take away 311,000,000+ guns in circulation?
Sure some may sell them back, but once you start taking things out of the Bill of Rights, primarily the 2nd and 4th Amendments, you'll begin shaking a bee hive for no good reason.