Hate speech Clarification
Um so my friend gets banned for saying Retard.

Mind clearing up how thats Hate Speech? Skeptical

Its basically the same thing as

- Idiot
- Stupid
- Ass
- Dumb
- Prick

Its just a lame thing that apparently leads to a Hate Crime, when in USA and pretty much every other place i know it is considered a swear word, which in all means is not bannable here. (Unless extreme)

Mind discussing your opinion of this topic and if you think this is an acceptable word for hate speech?

Yeah, retard isn't really hate speech, however some people find it offensive. I don't really think it should be bannable.
Where I live its usualy used to discribe someone who knows full well that something is a bad idea, but does it anyways.

Or someone who knows better, but chooses to do the wrong thing anyways "IE: Someone in a gang, cult, drug dealer etc"

Im pretty sure many have seen me use this word often to discribe minges, and im almost positive i said it a few times in the admin section to, once again, discribe minges and rule breakers "People who know better, but choose to not follow the rules anyways"
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
I have been called a c*ck sucker multiple times on the server, not that I was offended, but that deems to be alot more offensive to a select choice of people then saying retard. Maybe if she preached to a handicapped person that they were a retard, then I would understand, but, saibot is a minge, and as BD stated, somebody who knows what they are doing wrong, and refuses to acknowledge it would be deemed a retard. Saibot would therefor be deemed a retard. I don't see any hate speech going on here, and I am quite shocked to see this.
Think of calling someone gay, it's relating them to a group of people that are different from others, and it can be taken as an insult, happens everyday. When you call someone a retard, you're relating them to a group of people that require assistance from others to carry out their basic daily functions, to eat, to drink, to defecate, to get out of the bed in the morning.. Think of it that way from now on and it should be a lot more difficult to use that word to describe someone.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
You people don't understand, let me educate you. A retard is a term for a medical condition for someone who is delayed or held back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment. Saying this in the presence of someone with a medical disorder similar, can REALLY cause some damage. I find saying "retard" "Gay" "cigarette" all serious hate speech and should be punished, like today. Justice has been served and I greatly respect the admin who took charge of it.
(07-02-2012, 09:13 AM)Noob saibot Wrote: You people don't understand, let me educate you. A retard is a term for a medical condition for someone who is delayed or held back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment. Saying this in the presence of someone with a medical disorder similar, can REALLY cause some damage. I find saying "retard" "Gay" "***" all serious hate speech and should be punished, like today. Justice has been served and I greatly respect the admin who took charge of it.

11564 NoobSaibot STEAM_0:0:21352503 Steam Profile dont say f*ggot thank you, ban request approved
Expired
[FL] Pinkie Pie

Looks like your serious hate speech also got punished once, I wouldn't really start acting all that grown up, because when there is admins online, you're a completly different "acting-all-kind" person. And I know you know ;#
The following 7 users Like Basse's post:
  • earl, Slick Rick, Moisty, Nevy, The_Alpha_Dog, GRiiM, Fiddlestiiicks
2. An offensive term used to refer to someone acting in an irritating or generally stupid way.

Straight from the urban dictionary

It says offensive, but the amount of offense taken was around 0.

Maybe if HE was handicapped I would understand, but really..?

Saibot was acting in an irritating or generally stupid way.
The following 1 user Likes earl's post:
  • Nevy
Well, I said "***" To a friend of mine on the server, I shouldn't have. I also like how you said I act differently when admins are online, a good way to call someone a bitch in a subtle way. But honestly, I don't care if the admins are in the server, i still do what i do on a regular basis, gameplay doesn't change at all for me. I also like how this thread came about by Campress's friend when she got banned.

And earl, please explain how I was acting like that?

**Edit** I find it awesome how you took your time to find and copy paste that ban i got too! Thanks for caring so much<3
(07-02-2012, 09:32 AM)Noob saibot Wrote: -snip-

You were on the server at the time claiming how everyone else was inferior to you. Also, all you did was exchange insults. You being the high and might prince that you are should of stopped with the arguments. You posted the ban request on her straightly out of hatred, which I find rather shady and low. You are just another minge passing through this community, and you will soon perish. I have no more to say to you. Just look back at your actions, I shouldn't have to explain them to you.
The following 1 user Likes earl's post:
  • Basse