[Gmod 13] Undercover Admins
Sadly this post got so much support yet ended up getting left in the dumps.

This is something that is truly needed

A Functional System allowing administrators to be undercover and unnoticable so to not cause players to alter their bad behavior when an admin joins.

Why is this needed, they can change their name?

True, they can, but they are still easily seen by their...

> Star Next to Name
> Hours (Usually)
> RP Points
> Ulx Who
> Admin commands shown in chat (kick/ban/gag/tp/etc)

So how can this be changed?

By adding a new admin command(s) such as...

!undercover (toggle on/off the undercover mode)

What would this do?

It would then open up a menu that allows the admin choose the following

> Username
> Hours
> RP Points
> IC Name
> Remove the Star
> Admin commands would not be shown in chat to allow the admin to kick/ban/tp and stuff like that without others knowing, to prevent their cover being blown. Of course it would be visible in the logs to prevent undetectable admin abuse such as teleporting to friends and such.

Basically thus allowing the admin to fit in and be "undercover" and they enforce the rules without the minges noticing an admins on and changing whatever they are doing.

One more things is that ULX WHO needs to be a blocked command, as all it used to do is to see if an admins on, and personally i think you should not have to know if an admins on because you should be playing by the rules if they are or not, and by not allowing them to check it will cause them to be cautious on what they do.
The following 3 users Like Nevy's post:
  • danishmaifa, danishmaifa, KatNotDinner
+Support! YAY!

Truthfully there is a large number of kids that dont even know that the tab button exists.

But I agree with this +support
The following 2 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Grub, Floodify
+Support
If this works as well as it did on my old Minecraft server then it can be used to catch a lot of the more careful minges.
The following 1 user Likes GRiiM's post:
  • Nevy
+ Support, I know just the right guy for the job to, his Steam Name is Drew P. Richard (http://steamcommunity.com/id/drewprichard). He coded something exactly like this for his Gmod community. But due to the servers in his community that uses this (Deathrun and Jailbreak), it is not perfected for Roleplay servers, we might fix that. Just ask him and/or Monkeys (http://steamcommunity.com/id/ilyss, the community clan leader).
i bet the admins don't see why this is needed, a server can go from total madness! everyone RDMing and CDMing even people that has played over 100 hours are braking the rules left and right. the sec the admin joins people will behave the only ones that does get the ban hammer are newer guys that don't know who all the admins are..

would be better if we as players did't know if an admin was on. that will force the people that does know who the admins are to behave at all times

+++++++ support!
The following 1 user Likes danishmaifa's post:
  • Nevy
(07-01-2012, 01:21 AM)Catkillerfive Wrote: + Support, I know just the right guy for the job to, his Steam Name is Drew P. Richard (http://steamcommunity.com/id/drewprichard). He coded something exactly like this for his Gmod community. But due to the servers in his community that uses this (Deathrun and Jailbreak), it is not perfected for Roleplay servers, we might fix that. Just ask him and/or Monkeys (http://steamcommunity.com/id/ilyss, the community clan leader).

I'm pretty sure that the lovely Temar can do this job :-D

The following 2 users Like Blonde's post:
  • Nevy, Haarek
technically this is suggestion is a "suggestion not wanted" since the list also says

"no changes in FL staff"
[Image: 28guk44.png]

Thanks to Duck for the epic sig..
also thanks for the "a great friend since 2009" really appreciate it!

How about some Reputation?
Trust me, this suggestion is on the "This is needed list"

Any it does not make changes in FL staff?
+ support