[Gmod 13] Toggle HUD
This suggestion applies for the new custom gamemode for Gmod 13

The ability to toggle the HUD so that the following disappear

Hunger bar
Petrol bar
Health bar
Stamina bar
Name/Money/etc

Why: lots of people including me like playing with less interference on the screen. By doing this it would just be convenient. Also it would allow players to record without the interference of that junk in the corner.
The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • The_Alpha_Dog
Toggle means there is a button thay you can click to hide/unhide all that stuff.

I prefer recording in 3rd person and i do not want it showing me holding a camera phone out.
There is the convar cl_drawhud (1 for hud, 0 for no hud) but it requires sv_cheats to be enabled. I think.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
sv_cheats support sv commands, you can still do: cl, mp, phys, etc...
I think this is a good idea, the black top bar should stay though, to recognize the server played on. You can always cut that off with an editor.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Well, if soul think it is ok, then it is ok for me. + Support
(06-29-2012, 01:56 PM)Catkillerfive Wrote: sv_cheats support sv commands, you can still do: cl, mp, phys, etc...
... no. Otherwise we'd be able to use commands such as mat_wireframe (allowing players to see through walls and objects). Also, cl_drawhud is considered a cheat command in Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike: Source.
(06-30-2012, 07:34 AM)Soul Wrote: I think this is a good idea, the black top bar should stay though, to recognize the server played on. You can always cut that off with an editor.
You can't "always" cut it off with a video editor. You should be able hide every part of the HUD. If you forget what server you're on, you should probably see a doctor (alternatively, you can just show the HUD again).
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
Meh... I guess it would be useful to some people so... +support
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub
I could make a small modification to camera tool, like press E too toggle a lock
once activated you can put camera away and it would stay the same, repeat to undo
(06-30-2012, 10:37 PM)Temar Wrote: I could make a small modification to camera tool, like press E too toggle a lock
once activated you can put camera away and it would stay the same, repeat to undo

Thats a great idea