I understand now why server is attacked several times
Thumbs Down 
Got banned few days ago. Did an unban request, explaining everything. They (staff) claimed that I tried to hack donator system to get donator status. What happened was that I tried to donate and PayPal refused to do it (although now it's working).

Not only the admin keeps saying that I hacked, but they just refused my request saying that I did it and no further explanation required.

And you, admins and community, don't understand why the server is attacked sometimes? I did not understand before this happened to me. I can imagine that this happened more than once and people with enough knowledge wants a hard revenge and do that.

I will not attack the server, first, because I know nothing about computers (apart from games and little more), and second, because I do not feel that is a solution. But I now understand why you get attacked one day and another: admins decides to ban people even when they want to donate - not hacking, for God sake.

I will probably get banned for this (as seen in the game), but whatever. If someone reads this, it's enough. After 60 hours playing, I'm not a pro gamer, but a good roleplayer. Now, I am not going to play anymore on this community thanks to an admin who does not know how to do its work. I will move to some other community which has a pretty good mod (PERP) and works like a charm... and, at least, they have better administration methods.
lolwut
[Image: kidding-me-template.jpg]

Temar knows what's up. If he banned you for stuff like that, and has evidence, he's banned you for a good reason.

And also, people attack when they're butthurt that they've gotten permed, or they're from different communities, like Dark RP servers, and are even more butthurt that they have a less impressive server.
I am being honest here. If I had been hacking and I get caught, I would just shut up and just play on other servers. But I loved this community since the first day I played, and was a non-stop everyday (I am on holidays lol) playing normally as officer. I wanted to really donate, but I swear PayPal just failed that time. I have no $%!$ idea about hacking and I would not try anything that could hurt server/community. I said, if there is something that could be seen as hacking, please explain it to me like if I were dumb, I will try to understand, and then say sorry if that proceeds.

But for real, if you can not understand my feeling about that permaban, and you just say that I am butthurt, then it's obvious than people are likely to attack the server. It's not like one random raged kid, but I guess that more people has been banned like me with, let's say, wrong evidences? Or something like that.

I would like to play FL again, but seems like an impossible thing.
First of all, This is a pointless rage inducing thread.

Second of all, the servers isnt being attacked but closed due to some Textures being invisble, the servers apparantly has to be down when the problem is getting solved. (According to what I've heard)
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
(06-21-2012, 06:41 PM)Equalizer Wrote: First of all, This is a pointless rage inducing thread.

Second of all, the servers isnt being attacked but closed due to some Textures being invisble, the servers apparantly has to be down when the problem is getting solved. (According to what I've heard)

Thanks for your valuable opinion. Anyway, I was not talking about the situation right now, but when the attack actually happens sometimes.
Well, that might be the reason. But DDoS's is very common for well known Garry's Mod Communities.

Its simply because people are jealous of Fearless's epicness.

Edit: Wanted to add this - [Image: 1336054321735.gif]
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The system gave code red and said your 3 donations were all invalid. After Temar checked the logs he saw suspisous things too. It won't be the first time that someone tries to manipulate the system to get free donator.

Did PayPal send you anything about the donation failure? If so, send it to me via PM so I can verify it. Otherwise contact Temar via PM and try to describe clearly what steps you did and what went wrong. Innocent people who tried to donate shouldn't get perm'd for that of course.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 3 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • 001, equal, Grub
(06-21-2012, 07:09 PM)Soul Wrote: The system gave code red and said your 3 donations were all invalid. After Temar checked the logs he saw suspisous things too. It won't be the first time that someone tries to manipulate the system to get free donator.

Did PayPal send you anything about the donation failure? If so, send it to me via PM so I can verify it. Otherwise contact Temar via PM and try to describe clearly what steps you did and what went wrong. Innocent people who tried to donate shouldn't get perm'd for that of course.

Thanks for your reply. PayPal does not send emails if the payment failed (or at least I received nothing). It says "We can't process your payment right now, so please try again later". I saw that message three times, and after one of those times, I saw on FL "Your payment was processed, you will receive donator kit bla bla" (or something like that), but obviously I got no donator status since the payment was not successful at all.

As I said, I would not try to hack on my favorite server knowing that I would get a permanent ban... it's just plain stupid to think like that. How can I just "fake" a payment? If you don't receive any money, I can't say I donated. Or that's what I understand. Whatever...
Actually paypal does send it if at first it says payment sent. If for some reason it says it sent but was unable to send it for unknown reasons it will send you an email. If you actually sent the payment you should send the receipt.
Need some builds for RP? Click here!