Server Crashes/Restarts and why I hate them.
I really wanted to reach the 100k mark today, I already had 60k so I wanted to move up 40k. But hell fucking no, the server has to restart every 5 minutes before my contraband even makes any profit. I kept losing money and now I'm back down to 20k. FML

I don't even remember how many times this happened to me.AngryAngryAngry
Altho this might not be in the right place for this forum. I will give you some tips, what I do is wait at least 10-20minutes before setting up my contraband in locations to assure the server will stay up for awhile. Afterwards I did some math and on average it restarts or crashes on an average of 4-5hours, not sure why but its been estimated. If this helped let me know.
-Ludo
[Image: QAlZlgi.png]
(06-16-2012, 04:07 PM)Ludo Wrote: Altho this might not be in the right place for this forum. I will give you some tips, what I do is wait at least 10-20minutes before setting up my contraband in locations to assure the server will stay up for awhile. Afterwards I did some math and on average it restarts or crashes on an average of 4-5hours, not sure why but its been estimated. If this helped let me know.
-Ludo

Thanks, but in my case, I've never lasted 4-5 hours without being raided, stolen or caught.
To be honest Int that is the risk you run with contraband. Personally, I haven't made money with contra for a while but if I do there are some points I follow.
Make sure the server has either just come back on or has been on for at least 10-15 minutes. This isn't foolproof but helps.
Also, if it has been a particularly bad day, sometimes you can gets crashes every 30/60 minutes, then I just don't bother using contraband at all.
Don't do contraband when it's constant 49-50 players. Do it when it's quieter(earlier in the morning or late at night), then there's a much lower chance of crashing and less people are looking for contraband.
Omg, the server hates me. I don't know what happened but I think two rebels have disconnected or something, and their props disappear so I just see their full contra sets lying there. So, I stash all their printers, labs and weed pots in a corner and enclose it with a keypad, and boom the server crashes.
I had 6 Money Printers, 13+ Drug Labs and 8 Weed Pots and the server crashed. fuuuuuuu
(06-17-2012, 11:16 AM)Int64 Wrote: Omg, the server hates me. I don't know what happened but I think two rebels have disconnected or something, and their props disappear so I just see their full contra sets lying there. So, I stash all their printers, labs and weed pots in a corner and enclose it with a keypad, and boom the server crashes.
I had 6 Money Printers, 13+ Drug Labs and 8 Weed Pots and the server crashed. fuuuuuuu

Disconnected player's contraband does not print. You should have just destroyed them.
Moved to Offtopic, as this does not qualify for Help & Support.

Also, contraband isn't something you can expect much sympathy for here. Our community is about roleplay, not sitting in a dark hole printing money to buy guns.
The following 1 user Likes Killjoy's post:
  • Anakonda
(06-17-2012, 12:12 PM)Killjoy Wrote: Contraband isn't something you can expect much sympathy for here. Our community is about roleplay, not sitting in a dark hole printing money to buy guns.
[Image: 28guk44.png]

Thanks to Duck for the epic sig..
also thanks for the "a great friend since 2009" really appreciate it!

How about some Reputation?
(06-20-2012, 09:58 AM)Anakonda Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 12:12 PM)Killjoy Wrote: Contraband isn't something you can expect much sympathy for here. Our community is about roleplay, not sitting in a dark hole printing money to buy guns.

I personally think contraband should just be gotten rid of, It is just a pain in the ass for everyone.

It should instead be more drug-related in my opinion.