I'm a bit confused.
So here are my questions:
  1. What is raiding and basing? What characters can perform those acts and under what circumstances?
  2. Who can hear my voice chat? How do I whisper to a specific person? (Chat only visible to him/her.) I have used /radio , /advert, /broadcast and I know what /cradio does, but what is /y and /w? Also, how big is the radius of "Local OOC"?
  3. What characters can steal cars and under what circumstances?
  4. Can the president ban the selling of guns by the gun dealer?
  5. Can I kill anyone that attacks me as any character?
Advanced Thanks to everyone that replies!
1: Raiding is when you attack a specific person or a shop. In raids, you usually kill, but hostaging is also an option.
Basing is when you settle down in a appartment/compound.

2: /w is whisper. It's only the person very close to you who can hear that. /y is yell. It's used in raids or fights and can be heard from a large distance.

3: Rebel, Corleone and if there is a RP meaning with it, you can also do it with some other jobs.

4: Yes he can.

5: Yes. But you can only defend yourself with firearms if the president allows that.

I hope you got some answers from this. Feel free to correct me :-)

(06-15-2012, 03:52 PM)Tingfinder Wrote: 1: Raiding is when you attack a specific person or a shop. In raids, you usually kill, but hostaging is also an option.
Basing is when you settle down in a appartment/compound.

2: /w is whisper. It's only the person very close to you who can hear that. /y is yell. It's used in raids or fights and can be heard from a large distance.

3: Rebel, Corleone and if there is a RP meaning with it, you can also do it with some other jobs.

4: Yes he can.

5: Yes. But you can only defend yourself with firearms if the president allows that.

I hope you got some answers from this. Feel free to correct me :-)

Updated List:

1. What characters can perform "raiding" and "basing" and under what circumstances? I need examples.
  2. What is the radius of Local OOC Chat, Simple Chat, Voice Chat and Yells?
    I need examples like: "Global OOC Chat can be heard from the Lake to the City"
  3. Do Corleones also have objectives like Rebels do?
1: Everyone can, but "basing" is mostly a group of criminals who owns a house, and maybe put some extra security like a fence around or something like that.

2: I really don't know, but you can't hear LOOC from lake to city. Nor with yells.

3: Yes they do. It's also the leader (Don) who is setting them.

Everyone on the server at the time can hear global OOC chat, local has about the same radius as a yell.

You can only raid with good RP reason, if you're a cop you need a warrant to go onto someoneA's property if they haven't given you permission. That or seeing/hearing contraband or gunshots within a property is justifiable search without the need for a warrant.

As for other classes raiding with RP reason, I will let you figure that one out.

Objectives command doesn't work with corleones, only rebels to the extent of my knowledge. Use radio to get objectives from your don.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
Yell distance is around 50 meters.
Whisper distance is around 2-3 meters.
Normal chat is around 10 meters.
Voice chat is around 10 meters.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Raiding = Robbing/Breaking In

Some examples of reasons to raid. ( Please Note that you can raid with a legit and good reason besides "i want there stuff" which is DarkRP)

PS: Refrain from killing the people you are raiding unless they are deemed a threat, by holding a weapon.

Example 1 : Your a police officer on patrol around the outer city and you see men with guns run into a secured home. You get out and radio in that your cheking it out. Next thing you know, you hear gunfire inside and call for a search warrant and backup. This would be valid unless the President deems weapons legal to use in homes.

Example 2 : Your part of the Corleone pact and someone blows down your door and steals items of yours (furniture,contra,weed). They manage to load it onto a truck back and take off, you jump in your car and follow them home to see them take it into an apartment. You call for backup via /radio ( never use /request as contra is illegal ) Once friends come you blow the door down or lockpick it and take back your stuff and take the rebel into the bathroom and pop him in the back of the head. Nobody messes with the corleone...

Example 3 : I guess you could be RPing as a housekeeper (passive) and lockpick the doors to get inside and clean. Recommended for good Roleplayers.

Example 4 : Your a thug on the street and work for the rebels/corleone and the president banned your group from entering the city, and put a warrant on you. Heck, he might have even raised the taxes due to your groups actions. You decide it as unfair treatment and gather arms to raid the Nexus in search of the President to kidnap him and change the laws/remove the ban on rebels. At Gunpoint he must obey (FearRP).

Example 5 : Your just an unemployed man, or so the thugs thought. They stole your car and parked it inside their confined location which is heavily armed. You use /request to call for the distractions to keep them busy while you run in with a knife and silently take them out one by one when they are alone. Of course that is not needed if the cops actually pushed through and helped in retrieving your car.

Just some nifty examples, yet you can make your own! Just dont do it "randomly" with a lame excuse!
1. This is not role play!
2. This is not role play!
3. This is not role play!
4. This is not role play!
5. This is not role play!

Moved to help and support. Cheese
Need some builds for RP? Click here!
(06-15-2012, 09:39 PM)Beflok Wrote: 1. This is not role play!
2. This is not role play!
3. This is not role play!
4. This is not role play!
5. This is not role play!

Moved to help and support. Cheese

Sure it is! Cheese maybe not good but better than "derp i spawn with lockpick gunna raid"
Thank You Nevinator!

I couldn't understand some of it because I don't know what /request does...please tell me!

Also, if I was a Corleaone, and I'm with my Corleaone buddies, and we are stranded outside of the city...can we ask for someone to stop the car nicely for a lift and then point a gun at them and steal it to get back to the city or the base because there weren't enough seats for all of us?

Also, can I manhandle people using FearRP by taking requests from others?
Example:
Gun Dealer A wants me to scare Gun Dealer B to raise his prices because Gun Dealer A is not getting any business. (Gun Dealer A will pay me for the job.)
Can I as a Corleone go to Gun Dealer B with my group, raid his store and point a gun at him and be like "Raise your prices or else!", since it's a Mafia?

Finally, as a Rebel, how do you "take" someone's Contraband? Do you just pick it up and transport it to another place or is there a command or something to "take" it and place it in your inventory? Also, what happens if you take someones Contraband and they disconnect for a long time?