lsa aurinkoinen - Building Russian flag as SS on the side of the nexus
(06-13-2012, 11:28 PM)Nevinator Wrote: Who cares. That would be like americans taking the british flag offensive due to

- The American Revolution
- War of 1812
- Impressment of American sailors

Yet THAT flag symbolizes communism, which is allowed here. Obviously if the President on the server was Joseph S, then yeah it would be promoting something bad, but in this case it looks harmless.

I see it as the Soviet Union but I don't really think it's the "samething" but again I don't care about what might be offensive, I just wish to shed some light onto why it may be offensive to some.
(06-14-2012, 12:01 AM)Zzzzap Wrote: I can't really see how this is offensive?
The president can make evocity a communist state if he wants too, it has been done countless of times.
According to killjoy, both Nazi and Communist symbols are banned due to being offensive.

While I can agree with symbols of Nazism being banned due to the obvious link in just about everyones mind with hate, symbols of Communism are just associated with exactly that, Communism. While many people may have died under Communism, it is not associated with this and very few people would associate it with hate, and hence if we're going to ban Communist symbols under it, why don't we ban other symbols? Such as Crosses due to the crusades, or US flags such due to the crimes committed against the native Americans? Or presidents who call themselves Dictators due to the large amounts of suffering and death under dictatorships?
My point is, if we're going to censor out Communist symbols due to the killings of Joseph Stalin when in reality, it causes little offence to people, then every other symbol of a regime or such with a major death toll behind it, regardless of how much offence they actually cause to people.
Request reviewed and approved.

Closing notes:
Evidence was deemed sufficient, as accused player was found violating rules regarding tools/props usage.
Suspension will be applied for 1 day.

[FL] Killjoy
Server Administrative Team
Supervising Administrator