lsa aurinkoinen - Building Russian flag as SS on the side of the nexus
Thread Title: lsa aurinkoinen - Building Russian flag as SS on the side of the nexus

Name of player: lsa aurinkoinen

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:15485114

Time in GMT: About 5:00 2 days ago

Server: V2D

Summary: Pretty much, Walking along and I see this (Evidence 1) it may not look so big on the picture but it was BIG, And it wasn't even the president who plastered it up, It was an SS agent

Evidence:
[Image: 5B56BEA17B15A1CC033C2FB7C3B24C6288F85AFB]

[Image: BB412076F771F7294C946476BDBC184E9DD6E0B3]
Is it supposed to be offensive or something? I saw someone make an Icelandic flag or something on the nexus, and then I think Ruxandra set it on fire.
(06-13-2012, 08:06 PM)Sir Fiddlesticks Wrote: Is it supposed to be offensive or something? I saw someone make an Icelandic flag or something on the nexus, and then I think Ruxandra set it on fire.

The flag of the USSR is quite offensive to some people, Not to me it isn't but I wanted to point it out.
I don't see the offensive here. If was a swastika, it was something waaay different.
Even though, it might not suit the Nexus. But if you don't like it, look the other way. Thats atleast my opinion :-)

It shouldn't be offensive, I've seen Soul do it before.
FUMUKU
WAS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO FEARLESS RP

UNBAN BLACKDOG
The USSR is not offensive. Exactly was Aoix and Ting said.
This can be just as bad as the Nazi German flag to some people, also swastikas are not offensive.

Taken from the interwebz
Quote:The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" meaning "good," "asti" meaning "to be," and "ka" as a suffix. The swastika literally means "to be good".

Hitler just used it for his flag just like he took the red colour of the so popular communist party at the time to gain voters.

Not that I personally get offended or care if others did.

*edit*
Also as for why this might be offensive to some people try and look up the Katyn massacre.
It's not even the russian flag, if it were .. You would be the one offending HIM.
Who cares. That would be like americans taking the british flag offensive due to

- The American Revolution
- War of 1812
- Impressment of American sailors

Yet THAT flag symbolizes communism, which is allowed here. Obviously if the President on the server was Joseph S, then yeah it would be promoting something bad, but in this case it looks harmless.
I can't really see how this is offensive?
The president can make evocity a communist state if he wants too, it has been done countless of times.