I'm getting this phone? Give me some advice.

Yep. I'm getting the Samsung Galaxy S3 on Thursday 21st June (next week).

£41 - 24 month contract includes:
2000 Minutes
Unlimited Texts
2GB Internet including Tethering and FREE Wifi Connectivity to BT OpenZone hotspots.

Can anyone give me some advice on android as I've always been an Apple Customer but I want to make the change to Android Ice Cream Sandwich. I know this phone is already one of the best smart phones to date with its quadcore processor but I want to know what I am capable of doing with android and whethere there is a Jailbreaking option for the android?
The following 1 user Likes VerteX's post:
  • The_Alpha_Dog
The S3 is indeed a good phone. But I bought myself a HTC one X because I didn't like the design of the s3, but well... If you like it, take it for sure.

And you can't jailbreak android, but you could root it. So you grant root access to your phone etc.
I'm new myself to android though.

You could also install a custom ROM on your phone, to make it even go faster if you install a light ROM.

Anyway, if you like it. Buy it
What does Rooting it do? Can i get free games and apps? Also i dont fancy using a custom rom until i know more about it cause i dont fancy bricking my phone
Go for the HTC one x, I also have this phone and I highly recommend it, unless you drop it like me...
I've just got a Blackberry, I'm so mainstream Tounge.

The contract deal you have there seems pretty good to be honest, considering you have 2000 minutes and a 24 month deal.

They will also probably let you upgrade if you like at one point.
(06-13-2012, 03:22 PM)Tandem Wrote: I've just got a Blackberry, I'm so mainstream Tounge.

The contract deal you have there seems pretty good to be honest, considering you have 2000 minutes and a 24 month deal.

They will also probably let you upgrade if you like at one point.

I dont like the HTC One X. I just dont like HTC's to be honest and I dont like the design, where as I like the pebble effect on the S3, also includes better features imo.

The S3 is going to be an Early Upgrade with orange. Im upgrading from a Blackberry
Oh god all that money going down the drain.

I do despair.
[Image: 32623906-2-440-0.jpg]

I got this; gets the job done.
The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • earl
Nevinator has an easy job because his phone does it for him. Smile
[Image: nokia-3310-troubleshooting.jpg]
/thread