If BlackDog Was Not Demoted.
I really do not get what the problem is with this community sometimes. Players criticizing admins and owners and talking S**t about them and a second later is kissing their asses to become admin well you know what. Im not kissing the admins asses sure i Criticize them myself sometimes but i do what is called constructive criticism and also the people that are calling Soul a dictator remember that it is HIS server and he can do what he damn well wants to and i know that he only does what he knows is best for the community especially since this server have existed for so long so i doubt he would try to ruin it. So stop criticizing Soul and the admins and stop, take a breath and remember if it weren't for them you wouldn't have any RP server on Gmod that is mostly minge free.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

(05-20-2012, 09:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: If no one criticized anything it would lead to everything becoming stale.

I never said you can't critize, I just said I'm growing sick of the same things all of the time, it's always the same critizism, same things, nothing constructive, it's basically just whinging that there are too many players, too much people breaking the rules and not enough admins, I think we got that the first time somebody said it.
Go on criticizing, but bring constructive criticizim, describe the exact problem, describe a way to solve it, bring examples and so on. Saying "OMG NO ADMINS Y U NO PROMOTE MORE?" does not help at all.

(05-20-2012, 09:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: So people are realizing that City RP is pretty much cars and suits added to Dark RP?

You should be well aware that I took a DarkRP server as a comparison for rulebreaking, I feel that all you are trying to do here is start a discussion. You and me know exactly that CityRP is far different.

(05-20-2012, 09:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: All though this is fully understandable I would still prefer the inactive admins be put on temporary leave, and a trial-like admin position will be opened so that we can have some more active admins to lessen the stress on Beflok, Alexia, and Rux. Not only does this give an active admin team which can be spread out through the timezones, but it gives other admins time to relax.

Temporary leave while sleeping?

So, you want to put admins who don't have that much time on a "leave" and take their powers, which means taking the possibility of administrating from them, if they surprisingly get the time to.
Don't see why we should do that. We could just promote more admins, how's that?

Oh yeah wait, that's what we're doing at the moment.

(05-20-2012, 09:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: But the mistake was so small that in most other communities it would only warrant probation and stiff warning. As far as I've gotten from Soul it was a 30-45 minute decision on his part.[/b]

I don't think you are in any position to judge how big the mistake was or how we make decisions.

(05-20-2012, 09:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Telling them to leave for criticizing something is as bad if not worse as the whole 'Its semi-serious' as a given reason to why suggestions are denied with no logical input/output.

I didn't tell anybody to leave, I suggested it.
Don't see why people stay here and criticize everything instead of just leaving to a better community.

(05-20-2012, 09:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Even though City RP is working, people evolve to see things which they can see as going rye.
Ie. The Police Force being underpowered, glitches being exploited(+Reload in Fishing), and no true motive to actually RP.
It's not people getting bored, but people realizing problems within City RP.[/b]

So the server is full nearly all of the time and everybody is not RPing, using glitches and standing around being bored? Aye.
I feel this is more what you are doing or how you are feeling.
Dare to think!
The following 1 user Likes Nudelholz's post:
  • Foxy The Pirate
Why the hell would you even send mahti messages when he is clearly asleep? Thats like talking to a door..
The following 5 users Like Fleet Admiral Zapington's post:
  • Noobias, equal, blusheep23, beflok, Decay
I know that it can be annoying as heck if there are no admins online, but indeed its free will. An admin job is really more difficult than the average player here thinks. If you never had any admin expirience i can understand why some people whine about the admins. If people ruin your fun time make screenies, use fraps and post it in the ban section. And please dont ask only for american admins because sometimes 33x is has no admins for a whole day in euro time, but stillalive and somtimes beflok are there and tha makes it easier.to cut my story short. Admins can not be there 24/7
[Image: sigt10.jpg]

-President of the Clowns-
Thats me!

Most...Epic...Comment...EVER
(05-17-2012, 08:56 AM)mandenmedpistole Wrote: im a witness and i saw it all
have people ever tought about it that if the community (not talking about the whole community) could be mature and behave like human beings instead of behaving like pricks and assH***s the admins could spend their time doing better things than having to baby sit the server 24/7 and then get criticized because we the players can't be mature enough treat each other with respect.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

The following 1 user Likes Foxy The Pirate's post:
  • beflok
(05-20-2012, 10:19 AM)Nudelholz Wrote:
(05-20-2012, 09:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: If no one criticized anything it would lead to everything becoming stale.

I never said you can't critize, I just said I'm growing sick of the same things all of the time, it's always the same critizism, same things, nothing constructive, it's basically just whinging that there are too many players, too much people breaking the rules and not enough admins, I think we got that the first time somebody said it.
Go on criticizing, but bring constructive criticizim, describe the exact problem, describe a way to solve it, bring examples and so on. Saying "OMG NO ADMINS Y U NO PROMOTE MORE?" does not help at all.

Well take it for granted, quiet a few of the admins are MIA.

(05-20-2012, 09:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: So people are realizing that City RP is pretty much cars and suits added to Dark RP?

You should be well aware that I took a DarkRP server as a comparison for rulebreaking, I feel that all you are trying to do here is start a discussion. You and me know exactly that CityRP is far different.

I'm up for discussions. City RP isn't different at all really. We've got slated jobs, two 'official' criminal organizations, no constructive way to make money aside from contrafarming or selling the materials to defend contrafarming operations. It's a prolonged game of capture the flag as far as I can tell.
If we were to talk code... Dark RP -> RP08 -> Cider -> City RP

(05-20-2012, 09:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: All though this is fully understandable I would still prefer the inactive admins be put on temporary leave, and a trial-like admin position will be opened so that we can have some more active admins to lessen the stress on Beflok, Alexia, and Rux. Not only does this give an active admin team which can be spread out through the timezones, but it gives other admins time to relax.

Temporary leave while sleeping?

So, you want to put admins who don't have that much time on a "leave" and take their powers, which means taking the possibility of administrating from them, if they surprisingly get the time to.
Don't see why we should do that. We could just promote more admins, how's that?
Oh yeah wait, that's what we're doing at the moment.

Keyword is inactive. Even though people take breaks, and such we've got admins which in some cases haven't been seen for weeks at a time.
I'm suggesting that if an admin is absent for longer then two-three weeks you put a temporary in their position from the same or close-by timezone to fill in the role.

(05-20-2012, 09:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: But the mistake was so small that in most other communities it would only warrant probation and stiff warning. As far as I've gotten from Soul it was a 30-45 minute decision on his part.[/b]

I don't think you are in any position to judge how big the mistake was or how we make decisions.

All I know of the 'mistake' was that it was because of telling someone about their unban. IIRC, it was also because some people personal-bias/preferences got told to the player, and Soul/Others felt as if that player would hate them for it.

(05-20-2012, 09:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Telling them to leave for criticizing something is as bad if not worse as the whole 'Its semi-serious' as a given reason to why suggestions are denied with no logical input/output.

I didn't tell anybody to leave, I suggested it.
Don't see why people stay here and criticize everything instead of just leaving to a better community.
Personally my grudges are with the Police Force being underpowered, and the only legal* economy which makes a profit is the fish market.
*and playerbased

(05-20-2012, 09:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Even though City RP is working, people evolve to see things which they can see as going rye.
Ie. The Police Force being underpowered, glitches being exploited(+Reload in Fishing), and no true motive to actually RP.
It's not people getting bored, but people realizing problems within City RP.[/b]

So the server is full nearly all of the time and everybody is not RPing, using glitches and standing around being bored? Aye.
I feel this is more what you are doing or how you are feeling.
Hardly anyone chooses to RP because it doesn't bring instant or longterm gratification, and most of the time the rewards for RP'ing compared to say contrafarming, is almost non-existent.
Granted I got donator through Court RP, but that is almost nothing short of luck, and someone being in a good mood.
As for glitches being abused: Almost every player abused the +Reload glitch for fishing. It was actually why the Kumonryu crashed because we were dependent on that single/only playerbased economy.[It's also why are trading guild was named after a species of Koi heh]
Players still abuse stuff like the '2 Pot + 1 Seed = 2 Planted Pots!' and 'Crouching + 3rd Person = No Recoil'
Issues and problems still exist, but players keep their mouths shut usually because of personal interest. One of the reasons I kept my mouth shut regarding the magnet tool was because I liked being able to build decorative buildings.
Well it does say the the loading screen "If there are no admins on, contact us, or make a ban request"
Poseidon Corporation - Director of Government Relations
LGBTQR+ Society - Founding Director

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not." 
-Oprah Winfrey

We appreciate what you admins do, but we also hope you appreciate that some things need to be fixed.

I think that's what the original post is trying to get across.
Well, I think we as admins have said this sentence a' hundred times but somehow it's necessary to repeat over and over again.

We. Have. Lives. Too.

Let's take a look at what has happened this week.

Friday
- Exams.
- Getting wasted.
Saturday
- Road trip.
- Champions League Final.
- Danish Boxer Mikkel Kessler wins a fight.
- The handball team from my town wins the Danish championship.
- Getting wasted once again.
Sunday
- Incredible weather today so I feel like going out with some friends and enjoy a few beers.
- Practise for hunting test which I have this tuesday
- Practise for trial exam in biology this wednessday

Maybe repeat this next week.
The following 3 users Like StillAlive's post:
  • PrivateToast, Haarek, beflok
I just realised this is in off-topic.

Let's talk about rainbows and stop arguing.

I love how they are different colours.
The following 3 users Like Dryblood's post:
  • Nevy, jammi, beflok