Arrest, dont kill
Police no weapons lol? :-D All the cops in Denmark is armed with a pistol Tounge
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

(12-10-2010, 02:18 PM)Andreas Wrote: Police no weapons lol? :-D All the cops in Denmark is armed with a pistol Tounge

Yea, there's even a new series in Norway about the policeforce in Denmark. It's like a Danish version of the series 'Cops' Tounge
But you didnt come with any advantage/disadvantage - comment? Huh
(12-10-2010, 02:00 PM)Skaara Dreadlocks Wrote: Well in Norway, I don't think the cops are armed with weapons. How about removing the police's weapons?

But .. this is because most citizens won't be either ... In EvoCity EVERYONE has a gun .. so the cops need them...

(12-10-2010, 02:00 PM)Skaara Dreadlocks Wrote: This would make the most fail-polices have no weapon, and they'd have to arrest.

If I was RPing a gang-member etc, and a new player as cop tried to arrest me .. I'd run away .. but if I were backed into a corner in a base, you'd open fire Tounge It'd discourage new players. They'd have no way to defend themselves ..

(12-10-2010, 02:00 PM)Skaara Dreadlocks Wrote: I do only see advantages about that. Anyone sees any disadvantages?

The ones I just mentioned. I think a better way, would be restrict cop access to players who are good Smile Then there'd be no abuse by noobs, no failcops, and good RP Smile
(12-10-2010, 02:27 PM)Sniperwolf Wrote:
(12-10-2010, 02:00 PM)Skaara Dreadlocks Wrote: Well in Norway, I don't think the cops are armed with weapons. How about removing the police's weapons?

But .. this is because most citizens won't be either ... In EvoCity EVERYONE has a gun .. so the cops need them...

(12-10-2010, 02:00 PM)Skaara Dreadlocks Wrote: This would make the most fail-polices have no weapon, and they'd have to arrest.

If I was RPing a gang-member etc, and a new player as cop tried to arrest me .. I'd run away .. but if I were backed into a corner in a base, you'd open fire Tounge It'd discourage new players. They'd have no way to defend themselves ..

(12-10-2010, 02:00 PM)Skaara Dreadlocks Wrote: I do only see advantages about that. Anyone sees any disadvantages?

The ones I just mentioned. I think a better way, would be restrict cop access to players who are good Smile Then there'd be no abuse by noobs, no failcops, and good RP Smile

Very good points and the last one there is a very good idea. It has been mentioned before, but appareantly not been done anything about... Skeptical
(12-10-2010, 03:07 PM)Skaara Dreadlocks Wrote:
(12-10-2010, 02:27 PM)Sniperwolf Wrote:

Very good points and the last one there is a very good idea. It has been mentioned before, but appareantly not been done anything about... Skeptical

It's not that straightforward to implement, there are a lot of other points to consider - what about good roleplayers who join the server, and get annoyed and leave because they can't go cop? etc.
I see disadvantage - 5 USP's only cost about 3k if I can remember, that is not a lot, new players usually buy pistols when they start.

Maybe making your starting money lower to about 7.5k and making weapons cost more?
You could do that to the cars aswell so a relatively new player doesn't have a Ferrari/ Corvette.
Tasers which actually knock players out.

Admins can ban anyone who abuses that.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
(12-10-2010, 06:40 PM)[FL:RP]Shark Wrote: You could do that to the cars aswell so a relatively new player doesn't have a Ferrari/ Corvette.

No new player would have that, it took me AGES to first get a decent car.
Nope - I saw fishmaster join, in a few days he was driving around in a Lamborghini,
I later asked him "How did you get that? Massive Contra-whoreing?"

"Yes."
(12-10-2010, 02:00 PM)Skaara Dreadlocks Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 08:13 AM)Fallen Wrote: This seems to be in the wrong section in my opinion. Your telling us about the idiots who can't roleplay as a cop etc. We need a way to stop this.

Well in Norway, I don't think the cops are armed with weapons. How about removing the police's weapons? And when there are bases need to be taken down, or anything, we have the S.W.A.T team? (earlier known as SS or FBI). But then again, polices would have no way to defend themselves, as there are alot of shooting at the server Tounge solution: Make the USP pistols swap-able for police? Smile This would make the most fail-polices have no weapon, and they'd have to arrest. While more experienced policemen at the server which actually do have USPs in their inventory, will most likely arrest anyways.
I do only see advantages about that. Anyone sees any disadvantages?

What I do when I'm president is say the laws and say what the cops should do in any situation. If they killed some one for stealing a Chinese (which has happened) i ask why then demote.
Boom Headshot!.........Angel