Admin Alert System
When an administrator, or higher ranking player is on the forums, the people on the servers (v2d, and v33x) could be able to go into the F1 Menu and click something like "Alert Admin" and it will allow the user to post a message.

Example: A minge is on v33x prop pushing and propkilling, and no admins are on the server, but online on the forums.

Simply go to F1, find the "Alert Admin" Button and fill the box in..like,

"Hello there is a minge propkilling on v33x, can someone come on?"

And on the forums, all admins will have a chat bar on the side of their forum account which would show all the messages sent from in the server.

This will allow users to connect with admins online on the forums, but not on the server, which is usually the case.

This could be used or something similar, just to give the players the ability to communicate with admins online on the forums, when the user is in the server.
(05-06-2012, 11:39 PM)Nevinator Wrote: When an administrator, or higher ranking player is on the forums, the people on the servers (v2d, and v33x) could be able to go into the F1 Menu and click something like "Alert Admin" and it will allow the user to post a message.

Example: A minge is on v33x prop pushing and propkilling, and no admins are on the server, but online on the forums.

Simply go to F1, find the "Alert Admin" Button and fill the box in..like,

"Hello there is a minge propkilling on v33x, can someone come on?"

And on the forums, all admins will have a popup notification stating something like the user who is reporting it, and it will show the message.

This will allow users to connect with admins online on the forums, but not on the server, which is usually the case.

This could be used or something similar, just to give the players the ability to communicate with admins online on the forums, when the user is in the server.

This is a real good idea.

+support
sounds like a OK idea not a great idea or even a good idea but an OK idea and also i think it would requier a lot of coding so i don't think this will be accepted.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

+ Support
Well, if admins have an extended absence of the forums, they will return to a warm welcome of most likely 1000+ "AMMIN IM STUKC" messages. I do like the idea, however I think there should be a "Dismiss All" button as well.
In the player perspective it's a great idea, in the admin perspective however, it's a nightmare.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 2 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Foxy The Pirate, Sweet Bro
Well I like the idea but.... I would prefere if the @ command became cross servers.. etc

@ Someone is propblocking the mayors office (I'm in v33x)

Then admin would get something like
"(v33x) Sgt. Trex : Someone is propblocking the mayors office"

Or something similar, lets face it admins dont want to go in gmod when they are on the forums Tounge
Well...admins perspective yeah but think about the players!I mean maybe it could be something they can turn it off or on depending or their mood and so on.
IGN:Igor "Flower" R   Steam:LowerFlowerPower

[Image: fsx42Oo.png]

(05-07-2012, 10:29 AM)Trex Wrote: Well I like the idea but.... I would prefere if the @ command became cross servers.. etc

@ Someone is propblocking the mayors office (I'm in v33x)

Then admin would get something like
"(v33x) Sgt. Trex : Someone is propblocking the mayors office"

Or something similar, lets face it admins dont want to go in gmod when they are on the forums Tounge

there is always the chance that that can happend but it can also take quiet a bit of coding. I would also prefer if they implemented it this way but if it's possible or not depends pretty much on if Temar would be able to code it or not.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

+ support

Very great Smile